V11 tyres?

The Pilgrim

I have Conti Road Attacks on mine.  Love the way it handles with them.  Prior to that, Diablo Strada rear and Diablo Sport front.  Ok, but not as confidence inspiring as the Contis.

:2c: I really liked the way my bike handled with the Road Attacks  but they only lasted about 4k miles for me.  I see that Conti now has a Road Attack GT that's supposed to last longer.  I'll probably give them a try when I wear out the Michelins that I have now.

For my 2x V11:

#1: V11 KS LeMans Tenni built 2002
** Rim:
front: Brembo Aluminium 3,5 x 17"
rear: Brembo Aluminium  5,5 x 17"

** Tyre size:
front: 120/70 ZR17 M/C 58W
rear: 180/55 ZR17 M/C 73W

** Tyre types:
before = Michelin Pilot Road 2
now = ContiRoadAttack2

===================================

#2: V11 KR Sport built 2001
** Rim:
front:  Brembo Aluminium 3,5 x 17"
rear: Brembo Aluminium  4,5 x 17"

** Tire size:

front:  120/70 ZR 17" M/C 58W
rear:  170/55 ZR 17" M/C 72W

** Tyre types:
now: ContiForce

-M-

You may want to try a 160 on the 4.5" rim for the 2001.

Most 170's are made for a 5" rim and get pinched when installed on a 4.5" rim. Plus the 160 is lighter.

Huh ?

yeah... I have no idea what Chuck said either?

what I said is a black rubber ring is a black rubber ring, all the brands named are black rubber rings all as good as each other (cos no one has mentioned chang chin or similer) so its in the head as to wht you ride on, and that is why I ride on Metzler... cos my head is happier, not cos they are any better than the next tyre.

So to answer the opening poster, put what you are most comfortable with on and ride that farking thing.

YMMV

Your Mileage Might Vary

I need a new rear.  That Qualifier is down to the wear bars.  Planning to ride to Austin TX and Jasper Ark in a 3 weeks, it'll have to be replaced before I travel.  The front Angel looks good.  Think I'll get an Angel.

The tire didn't  last through an oil change.  I'd guess I put 3500 miles on it. 

• Like 1

PS. Be sure to actually check the rim for width and not base it on the published specs. Guzzi had a habit of using the parts they had on hand whether they were the right ones or not.

This got me thinking, where do you measure the rim, inside the bead or outside or is the measurement taken across the tire?

The measurement would be inside the rim, but it should be easy enough to read what is stamped on the rim. DOT standards require a rim to be permanently stamped with its dimensions.

The measurement would be inside the rim, but it should be easy enough to read what is stamped on the rim. DOT standards require a rim to be permanently stamped with its dimensions.

And there it is on one of the spokes, left side: "mt4.50x17dot e." Learn something here everyday!  :thumbsup:

Otherwise, pulling a tape across shows an outside measurement at the corner of the rim of about 5". I suspect the 5.5 would look about 6" at the outside edges.

Looks like Motorcycle Superstore has both the 170 and the 160 "in stock" in the Pirelli Angel ST and the 160 "available" in the GT.

When the Angel ST came out, I found it gave me the exact same mileages as the Diablo Strada before it . I'm on my 23rd rear tire: nine Pirellis as  well as Dunlop, Bridgestone, Michelin, and Metzler. I would say they have not all been the same.