2003 V11 Sport Naked - serial number one?

chamberlin

Docc, it would have been the day I bought the bike, October 26th 2013 - exactly 9 months ago today! I had also bought and rode home the Norge that day, so the owner followed me home on the V11. That was about a 12 mile ride. I then rode it around my neighborhood for another mile or so. Everything seemed great with the motor and the shifting was extremely solid...very enjoyable (from what I remember). I didn't want to get into messing with valve clearances and TB syncing just yet, but I will likely look into that once it's back up and running. Those are the only two things I've got left on my 'normal maintenance' checklist. But if it runs great, should I even mess with it? I guess there's a chance of problems just due to the Fast by Ferraci cross-over and the big K&N pod filters... I would like to avoid a power commander if possible, but I'm not totally against it. Just don't want to burn the poor valves up lean or something!

I think it'll probably run fine and you should ride it and enjoy it!

Given your local climate and the way you've kept it, even the fluids are all probably ok.

I think it'll probably run fine and you should ride it and enjoy it!

Given your local climate and the way you've kept it, even the fluids are all probably ok.

Looking forward to it Docc!

BTW, all the fluids are new! All hydraulic lines, rear end, transmission, and new oil a few weeks ago when I did the Roper plate! Factory Fresh!

So . . . back to a typical 600 mile (1.000 km) service interval with all new fluids and "tune-up" just like new bike?

Bike is complete and ready for fuel! Hopefully next weekend I will have time to brew up a batch of pure gasoline....

p.s. Just today, another project bike has appeared on the horizon - a 1971 BMW R60/5. I'll be picking it up on Saturday. Haven't seen it yet though... Stay tuned.

2014-08-03174114_zps2e654d50.jpg

Well Docc, no ride report just yet, but here's a walk-around video that I made over the weekend. I forgot to include the first start-up clip ( :homer: ), so I will turn that into a separate video altogether.

I really enjoyed overhauling this bike, and all the work, time, and money seems to be worth it so far! I love the sound of the bike, the torque, handling, and it's a totally unique experience, in the opposite direction from the big Norge 1200. Thank you Docc, and the rest of the guys who helped me out. I will continue to report on the bike's progress here, as well as making an official ride report at some point!

This video is unlisted and is intended just for you folks- Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/0Z0oQKs7TfA

• Thanks 1

Ah, man! That is excellent!

I love the background music. Especially starting with what sounds like AWB "Pick Up the Pieces (uh-huh!)" :grin::luigi::thumbsup:

Oh yea, thanks Docc! You got the AWB refrence! The second song also has a relative meaning, Tower of Power's "Back on the Streets Again"!

Thanks for the good words, you had a lot to making this project move forward!  :mg:

I was thinking you had some big cojones doing a complete resto on a V11. :thumbsup:  .  .  .  .

. . . then you started making your own gasoline. :o

Congrats!!!!

The bike looks great.

Now you will run into one problem that i can see. :grin:

You will have to wait for you special benzina to brew and wish you were riding.

My  :2c: , just screw it and ride the amazing machine with super premium benzina from the station.

Again spectacular job.

:mg: