Tenth South'n Spine Raid 2014

motowfo

Have fun y'all!

"[Y]'all."

Jaap, you must be from south'n Holland.   :P

Bill

• Like 1

what to bring on a Spine Raid:

extra: relays, spark plug, spark plug cap/90˚ resistor, fuses, relays, bulbs (esp. 1157 tail/brake), relays, zip-ties, maybe some extra relays . . .

Did I mention relays ? . . . . . . . . B)

• Like 1

From an email from the Georgia Guzzi club:

September 12, 13 & 14

TWO of Suches

I have a long lunch ride that ends up at RidersHill planed if anyone wants to tag along. Probably out of TWO around 10 am and get to RidersHill around 1 for lunch.

We may need to ride somewhere Saturday evening for food too.

===============

I'm in Atlanta now.

700 miles of back roads on the Griso to get here.  Dodged rain the whole way, but it finally "won" just as I got into the metroblob when I had to jump the slab.

Dark.  Pouring rain.  Five filled traffic lanes on I-75.  Mode speed was 80 mph.  Living my dream.   :whistle:

Bill

Some guys know how to have a good time. B)

Not likely to make "T.W.O." by 10-hundred, but still planning on EuroMoto ("Rider's Hill") for lunch-time. I'll get back with the Testa Uomo (Anthony) at the dealership in Dahlonega to let him know we are descending there.

This year: expect even less organization. Less, even, that the "none" from before.

Sure, sure : bring our own spine and all that . . .

BYOS :unsure:

With the Eastbound Contingent of the South'n Spine Raid X embarking (I admit that I get that confused with disembarking, or even just barking . . .) from MarcyJo's around 9am Friday (Come earlier for breakfast. Or just for the barking). Bring a full tank - it's 100 miles east through Bell Buckle to the first fuel stop on the other side of MickeyMinnVille before the *spectacular* blast over TN Hwy 30 and the Dry Fork Gulf.

With the Cold Front passing Thursday in the night, there is some promise of sweet autumn air (Guzzis love it: atmospheric tune-up!), very cool mornings (especially in the mountains), and some chance of catching up with the trailing edge if we are too exuberant in our transit. Expect to linger as Smart Phones will dictate the weather ahead. Er - bring a charger for your Smart Phone (whatever that actually is).

PM me with an email address for the routes in gpx format (whatever that actually is) for your Garmin device. Many of you know what pains I will go through to ride around towns and traffic. Including riding through school zones, dog paths, and bank parking lots.

Fair warning: I am bringing along a small wiener dog trained to mount anyone bending over to point out that there is a little drip of (any kind of) oil under my poor, derelict Sport. Once he gets started, best to let him finish.

Saturday takes us 215 miles 'round trip to Europeein'Motorsports in Nawth Gawja. If, by any chance, they have one of those MV AUGUSTA TURISMO VELOCE LUSSO, disable me with a stun gun and chopper me out.

First time in a long time that I have no idea how the nearby Cherohala Skyway figures into this. Except that the sun should not be in our eyes and we will not likely be riding in The World's Longest Yard Sale.

\;{!~

Super.

Was at Riders Hill on Saturday.  That's my Griso and my brother's Cali 1400.  

i-L5tSScz-XL.jpg

Warned 'em we were coming, as are the Georgians.   :mg:

Bill

We were just down at Two Wheels last weekend, the place looks great and had a wonderful stay! Wolf Pen Gap is all new pavement and loads of fun, we went onto War Women road and up to Highlands (elavation 4113') were the beautiful people vacation! Not sure I can make the ride as the V11 has title issues and is not registered, although I do have a good plate for a 2002 California...maybe thats close enough!