What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I had two folks wig out on me, so two pair still available. But you're in Germany. If I knew earlier, I could have brought some with me. I'm in Sweden now, just a tad closer. :huh2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found this just now:

https://www.kardanwelle24.de/kardanwellenkomponenten/kreuzgelenke-kreuzgarnituren/kreuzgelenk-kreuzgarnitur-fuer-quad-und-andere-anwendungen-22-x-50-2-mm/a-3339

Looks like the right size, and "Zentralschmierung" should mean it has a central grease nipple. Hmmm.... :huh2:

I also have a tip for a place that re-conditions drive shafts. That would include balancing.

7 hours ago, audiomick said:

I may just get back to you on that. Depends on how I get on here...

When are you back at home?

8/12

• Thanks 1

Very nice photo. If you would care to oblige, I'd be interested in knowing focal length, f-stop, exposure time and ISO.

Getting back to motorcycles, after 6 years you pulled a more than 50 year old motorcycle out of the shed, kicked it in the guts, and rode it around the block?

Go on, tell us the full story. I'm curious for one... ;)

11 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Getting back to motorcycles, after 6 years you pulled a more than 50 year old motorcycle out of the shed, kicked it in the guts, and rode it around the block?

IMG_3908-600x387.jpg

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Very nice photo. If you would care to oblige, I'd be interested in knowing focal length, f-stop, exposure time and ISO.

sure, Canon 6D EF100-400, ISO 250, 340mm, f5.6, 1/320s

16 mp 5045x3257 4.9MB.

THE STORY IS. All the restoration creds go to my friend John U.. stripped to the bone and rebuilt with a lot of new parts (Gilardoni kit of course) in 2003.. He’s clearing out the Guzzi stuff and keeping 2 Corvettes.

I bought it earlier this year but was busy and too hot to work on it till now. Pretty much all I did was put the tank back on and connected with some new gas and battery she struggled for a moment then fired up. Carbs were clean but not in sync and I got stuck figuring out a stuck choke which took longer than it should have but last time I owned a bike with carbs was my first Convert around the late 90’s. Since then only FI , a V11 Lemans, Bassa, Uly, and Hyperstrada. The Buell and Ducati were monstrously fast. I’m in the slow lane now with drum brakes etc.. Sunday rider.. when I want torq or speed I take my Tesla. Then the dogs can come too.

2023080517152311--2069852251963325735-60

2023080518213565--7003666977543506089-60

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Day 1 of 3 day 600+ mile tour in the Catskill Mountains29df28fb9e5857ab2cf48ce526b52fe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Roadside repairs, so much fun14776e78edb3e30bc892dea27164ef4f.jpg

• Sad 2

Roadside repairs, so much fun14776e78edb3e30bc892dea27164ef4f.jpg

Temp fix done. Battery charging again. It was the stator connection that fried3888c5d12cc89bc1bfd1abac1603a878.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Today I took the front end off to have a look at the steering head bearings. Not that there were any signs of trouble, but I wanted to see how much grease was in there. Turns out adding a bit more wasn't such a bad idea.

Bright idea of the day (or week, or month...)

large.Ratchet_strap_head_stem.jpg

obvious really, to hold it in place whilst putting it back together. But I was a bit chuffed that I thought of it in the heat of the moment and all by myself, and how well it worked. B)

I poked around and looked at a couple of other things as well. All part of getting to know the bike, and being able to contemplate longer trips without worrying too much if the wheels are about to fall off. :grin:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 4corsa said:

Temp fix done. Battery charging again. It was the stator connection that fried3888c5d12cc89bc1bfd1abac1603a878.jpg

I don't recognize that connector as original to the V11 stator (?)

An electrical failure like that can be hell on downstream components (regulator and relays). Be aware of/ monitor for  sequelae . . .

[edit: it also occurs to me to check the attachment of the two yellow wires to the stator under the alternator cover for breakage. Probably not "on the road", but when home.]

IMG_2951.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1