What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

4 hours ago, worthyperformance said:

From Facebook re: bleeding the clutch

Q: OK folks who has a tip on bleeding the clutch without removing the wheel?  Last time i did it my son learned some new ”expressions”
A: i added a braided extension hose off a Breva that fits so now the bleed nipple is out near where the sidestand foot sits when lifted up/moving/ riding
Cost me $50. Now bleeding the clutch is a breeze
Attaches to the bolt on sump that has the sidestand bash plate on it at the gear lever rear corner of sump I used a small rubber lined P clip to go from bolt around the hose
A: Just ise 2 ring spanners to hold line and other to crack open/close the bleed nipple as needed
A: You can fit a wrench on the bleed nipple and then just open, squeeze the clutch handle, then close and release the clutch handle. Cursing doesn’t make it any faster, just more enjoyable.
A: You are better to not pump it just open the bleeder and let drip out and keep it topped up. Lock the bleeder off and give it a couple of pumps and release. Open bleeder let it drain and repeat till fluid is clean. That’s how I do it.

3 hours ago, audiomick said:

I've read about that somewhere. Not sure if it was here. If I remember rightly, what I read referred to a part from a Griso.

I reckon it must be part #12 on this drawing:

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/kupplungspumpe-griso-1100-05-08-ex-30_3006_300612_30061210_3006121025.html

The drawing at that shop for the clutch hydraulics for the Breva 1100 looks like exactly the same drawing, and the part number for that part is the same:

whereby the GU number is the Guzzi part number, as far as I know.

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

yes @Scud did a write up on it here

I hate these perpetual drift threads. Hate 'em. Find nothing/go nowhere. "Whatever" . . . :glare:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

I hate these perpetual drift threads. Hate 'em. Find nothing/go nowhere. "Whatever" . . . :glare:

Well, it brought that gem of a post to the top again, so there's that.

13 hours ago, activpop said:

Well, it brought that gem of a post to the top again, so there's that.

I suppose I prefer posting technical inquiries in dedicated, specific topics. That often will focus comments and links and help clarify our knowledge base. It takes a bit longer for the poster to find a starting point, but I think the outcome is more valuable.

Often, someone will bring back an old thread and it gets refreshed with newer discoveries and the comments of newer members. Those "on-topic" threads are great resources for trying to learn some particular aspect of these V11.

Just my opinion. Y'all carry on . . . :nerd:

• Like 4

What I did today: gave the V11 a run. Once again only about 80km, once again lots of fun. I'm still not really satisfied with the state it is in, but I just couldn't resist going for a ride. B)

The starting problem, see here  https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/28565-starter-button/

didn't show up today, so that is good.

Also good: the fuel light was just starting to glow as I arrived home. Since I still haven't had the tank off, and plan on doing that as soon as possible, it is good that the tank is empty. I hope to get onto that this week, but that depends a bit on the new hose for the breather system arriving soon.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, docc said:

I suppose I prefer posting technical inquiries in dedicated, specific topics. That often will focus comments and links and help clarify our knowledge base. It takes a bit longer for the poster to find a starting point, but I think the outcome is more valuable.

Often, someone will bring back an old thread and it gets refreshed with newer discoveries and the comments of newer members. Those "on-topic" threads are great resources for trying to learn some particular aspect of these V11.

Just my opinion. Y'all carry on . . 

Understood.

• Thanks 1

Last night I finally completed my Decent Tune up.  I got my throttle bodies balanced and set the idle.  I did have a little issue with the tubes from the Carbtune.  I originally hung the Carbtune from the handlebar like the instructions tell me too, unfortunately I didn't notice right away that the routing caused the tube to be in contact with the engine.  After I was making good progress on the tuning, the bars in the tuner started to not respond and were behaving strangely.  I tuned off the bike to take a break and saw that I had melted one of the tubes...   So after fixing that and using my lawnmower handle to hang the Carbtune towards the back of the bike and route the tubes clearly away from the engine I had no problem getting the carbs synced up.  I did have a little overheating issue prior to getting the idle set despite having a fan blowing on the engine during tuning.  However, after I let it cool down, I got the idle set nicely and took her for a spin.  Wow, this bike is just so pleasing to ride!  Makes me feel guilty that I don't pay as much attention to my V7 anymore...

• Like 6

Yeah, I use an old camera tripod to suspend my Motion Pro manometer for carb/throt body sync tasks and have not burned through the manometer hoses (yet).  I have, however. cooked the wiring of my inductive timing light/tachometer on a few occasions....I hate when that happens. 

:thumbsup: on the Decent Tune Up.

• Like 3

Gauges are nice, maybe less maintenance than liquid manometer.  I found that the solution in my liquid manometer would evaporate over time but a golf tee stuffed in the end of each hose stopped all of that.

Received mdi CF alternator cover (35% off, supposedly, at $65).  Originally intended for the Tenni, but I'm not blown away by the look of the matte plain weave -- and already have a smorgasbord of different CF on her -- thus, this new CF bit ended up on Bubbles. Definitely looks better than the painted alloy cover, but showcases the dramatic need for a thorough cleaning.  The irony of putting a new part on the parts bike is not lost on me.

20230701_112622.jpg

20230701_121201.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, guzzler said:

That looks good mate.

The standard one looks manky pretty quickly....

But it's in the firing line so to speak.

Cheers 

Oi !

IMG_7545.jpg

• Like 2

I've also seen a carbed 1100 sport with a chromed version which looks pretty good too!

Being chrome it would probably be easier to keep clean and looking good longer?

Cheers

Ps Doc with 200k +.... she's allowed a wee bit of er patina.

• Haha 1