What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

New tires yesterday, and I would have had them installed if it wasn't for the meddling brake caliper bolt that mount into the swingarm. It wouldn't come out, so I had to deflate the old tire and squeeze it through the area. I squirted some PB Blaster on it, and figured it would loosen up later that day. No luck. I ended up twisting and breaking a Craftsman 6mm hex socket. Not good. Time to remove the swingarm and have at it again. More PB Blaster, then a propane torch for 10 min and tapping on the socket whilst turning it. Still no luck, so time to call it a night.

Today I took it to a machine shop, and he had at it for 10 min with an impact driver, and it still wouldn't budge. Took it to work with me and soaked it in PB for another 6 hours. Scud mentioned trying to freeze it with the spray they make wile heating up the swingarm. Damn, I forgot the torch at home, so I doused it with the CRC Freeze Off and let it soak for a few min. Grabbed the impact wrench from work and had at it again. After about 40 hits, it finally started to move. Hell yeah, it's out! The only issue I have now it that the replacement craftsman 6mm socket is still stuck in the bolt...I imagine it will fall out after a few miles of riding. I just need to wrap it in something so it doesn't puncture someone's tire. I should have a replacement from Harper's in about 10 days. Should I use red loktitite on the new bolt?  :grin:

I also changed the wheel bearings, greased the driveshaft splines and U joint, as well also the swing arm bearings.

Ken

I don't think that bolt was removed since 2004.

IMG_9249_zpsrhnvobtp.jpg

Why are you taking that out?

Mine stays in place when I pull the wheel out.

The bolt on my 2004 is 1" longer than the earlier bikes due to the retaining clip they put on it. To get the old tire off, I had to deflate the tire and squeeze it as the bolt was digging into the side wall. I still scratched the hell out of the rim on the final drive side. I tried to use the same method to install the tire, but the sidewall was too stiff. The easiest method at the time seemed to be removing the bolt...it shouldn't have been that difficult.

Here's a pick of the bolt. Still can't get the socket off yet.

Ken

IMG_9257_zpshpe0loz2.jpg

Only $40 - and you can do it all through your local AAA office if you are a member.  Then $40 more per year on your renewal.  I've been seeing a ton of the "legacy" black plates on cars down here - especially on black cars - but I've only seen a few other black plates on motorcycles.  I liked the black plate on my Scura so much I had to get one for the LeMans.

some bits fell off.... 

Started like this...

28224578571_3b9c70b4a3_h.jpg

Now it looks like this - 

27824704203_230595463f_h.jpg

It shall be Cafe'd further to match the others although it shall continue on as a two seater.

• Like 1

Finally got the MotoGadget Mini dash finished with some help! And The Moto M-Start RFID Sensor is in a discrete location, too. (Too Cool) New Reservoir Hoses and ditched the stained yellow tanks. Among a million things that were powder coated, I forgot to send out the Kickstand and  headlight bucket. I am thinking of getting a new light bucket all together, will see. 

Look No Keys anymore! Just like my Jetta, (That is soon to be bought back by Volkswagon) 

As for the tail, I have a little flickering brake light relay switch and programmed 3 way signals for either side. (REALLY BRIGHT) 

Now I need to measure my forks and buy a proper Headlight Bracket. Off the top of anyones head what is the size? 

Forgive me I forgot the members name but he directed me to a 3d Printing site for the Moto Guzzi Emblems in different colors and materials. Ill need to order a few off him him and his 3d site.  Likely in a Gunmetal grey to provide some contrast. Next on the List is Paint the Jugs, and Repaint the PorkChops.  

r9ef04.jpg

ig9u0z.jpg

• Like 1

Where did you get your Stop light from ? its perfect !!

As for the tail, I have a little flickering brake light relay switch and programmed 3 way signals for either side. (REALLY BRIGHT) 

ig9u0z.jpg

Where did you get your Stop light from ? its perfect !!

Now I need to measure my forks and buy a proper Headlight Bracket. Off the top of anyones head what is the size? 

ig9u0z.jpg

If you want a headlight bracket they have these on ebay and they are beautifully made.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAX-Blade-High-Quality-CNC-Machined-Headlight-Brackets-54-55mm-Diameter-/172070465801?hash=item281032f109:g:~6wAAOSwUV9WoDPC

28050011911_3e949cefa1_h.jpg

27686900054_ae9379a834_h.jpg

I may put one on the Guzzi as well, but the stock one is not too bad, but it can't be anodized and hardened, just painted.

Forgive me I forgot the members name but he directed me to a 3d Printing site for the Moto Guzzi Emblems in different colors and materials. Ill need to order a few off him him and his 3d site.  Likely in a Gunmetal grey to provide some contrast. Next on the List is Paint the Jugs, and Repaint the PorkChops.  

sp838  ?