Gratuitous Pics of Girls + Guzzi

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, v11_meticcio said:

IMG_2554.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Already been posted P25. Worth a second look though.

Phil

And here:

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.19.48 PM.png

From Poland, who would have thought.  I'm sure they enjoy some potato or cabbage pierogies after a cold ride.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

I run a vintage Gilera group, with few members.  An offshoot of the old Yahoo group days.  Mr brother, a big shot businessman, suggested increasing the group's internet presence to get more people, so I posted a vintage Gilera advertisement photo ... and two members just quit.  Is this really that salacious, that over-the-top?  I'm just trying to stay afloat in these facebook days. 

advertiesement w girl.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sign216 said:

I posted a vintage Gilera advertisement photo ... and two members just quit.

Are you certain the two members quit because of the photo?

I do not see anything offending, unless those members are extremely religious. When I was working in Libya, magazines with women in inappropriate outfits were automatically confiscated as prohibited to import.

Staying afloat for a non "video" site is getting tougher nowadays. Even Facebook. Now, a lot of the discussions have migrated to Discord. I am on a Facebook Group for Moto Guzzi Quota, but it is not the same as this forum. When you make a post, only the first few answers are directly visible, else you need to click to reveal. There is no easy way to differentiate topics. It is just like a big box where you throw in everything. Not my type of information channel. Better than nothing.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, p6x said:

Are you certain the two members quit because of the photo?

I do not see anything offending, unless those members are extremely religious. When I was working in Libya, magazines with women in inappropriate outfits were automatically confiscated as prohibited to import.

Staying afloat for a non "video" site is getting tougher nowadays. Even Facebook. Now, a lot of the discussions have migrated to Discord. I am on a Facebook Group for Moto Guzzi Quota, but it is not the same as this forum. When you make a post, only the first few answers are directly visible, else you need to click to reveal. There is no easy way to differentiate topics. It is just like a big box where you throw in everything. Not my type of information channel. Better than nothing.

PX6,

The Gilera group is on groups.io, at:  https://groups.io/g/Sears-Gilera-106

There is very little action, few postings, so I must concluded that the two people left because of the vintage ad, which really isn't that salacious by any standards.  I could see where some women might be unhappy w it, if they have thin skin.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, sign216 said:

PX6,

The Gilera group is on groups.io, at:  https://groups.io/g/Sears-Gilera-106

There is very little action, few postings, so I must concluded that the two people left because of the vintage ad, which really isn't that salacious by any standards.  I could see where some women might be unhappy w it, if they have thin skin.

I would not assume they did because of that.

From the little experience I have with forums (I used to be on many forums before they got extinct), if the members do not post, then there is less reason to check in because there is no traffic. The problem is compounded if there aren't many members.

Take this forum for example. Some, but not all the traffic consists of people that only come here when they have an issue with their motorcycle. Some are one timer. Once their issue has received a reply, they leave. Other forumers post trivia so when members check-in, there is something they may want to read, or not. But it keeps the forum live.

Such as posting about trips, or places, stuff. Try to gather attention so your forum is not a dead beat place. It is not easy. Nowadays, people do not like to write, they would rather watch a video,

I am going for a ride today, so I don't have time to check your site. But I will later.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, p6x said:

I would not assume they did because of that.

From the little experience I have with forums (I used to be on many forums before they got extinct), if the members do not post, then there is less reason to check in because there is no traffic. The problem is compounded if there aren't many members.

Take this forum for example. Some, but not all the traffic consists of people that only come here when they have an issue with their motorcycle. Some are one timer. Once their issue has received a reply, they leave. Other forumers post trivia so when members check-in, there is something they may want to read, or not. But it keeps the forum live.

Such as posting about trips, or places, stuff. Try to gather attention so your forum is not a dead beat place. It is not easy. Nowadays, people do not like to write, they would rather watch a video,

I am going for a ride today, so I don't have time to check your site. But I will later.

P6X,

Thanks for the sage advice.  As you said, forums do not seem as popular as they once were.  Facebook has taken up much of the turf, for better or worse.  I think FB is popular because it's "one stop shopping" and easier for the occasional visitor, although FB's layout, and terms/rules for operation are negatives, at least for me. 

I apologize, I did not mean to drift this thread from the primary purpose;  photos with recreational appeal.

Joe

• Like 4