V11 Rebuild and customisation

knumbnutz

DUDE!!!! That's art. :notworthy:

Hopefully it will be nice when finished. Nothing much to look at at the moment

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I would have liked to look at the inside of the transmission. Are there any gotchas?

• Like 1

Hey - just thinking about the order of doing things... You might want to put the throttle bodies on while you can still lift the frame off the transmission. I don't think the TB assembly can be passed through as it sits now.

• Like 3

DUDE!!!! That's art. :notworthy:

Hopefully it will be nice when finished. Nothing much to look at at the moment

I would have liked to look at the inside of the transmission. Are there any gotchas?
The gearbox is very simple, no shims either.

The only fiddley bit is try to get the gear clusters in and out because they all need to go in together and bits will slide off, bearing needles will fall out etc.

So the way to do this is -remove the input spline where the clutch drives the input shaft, remove the selector forks and shafts, then there are three easily removable clusters held it with lock nuts on the shafts. Loosen these.

Flip the gearbox over and break the seal and remove the case from the clusters and top plate where they are locked in.

Then simply undo the nuts and carefully remove each cluster noting where it went.

The output cluster is pressed on to the plate, so you have to press it off to get to the bearings or as I needed, get the plate out for cleaning and remove the bearings.

All bearings are off the shelf, so are the lock nuts, 2 x 16mm. 2 x 20mm and 1 x 25mm. There are 4 bearings in the case, the bearing on the input knocks out easy, the rest you will need a gas torch or heatgun and a bearing puller that has a sliding weight. I used an really long 6mm bolt and some aluminium round bar stock with a hole through the middle.

I removed the cylindrical roller bearings first and then slid the bolt head into gap in the bearing outer and slid the weight up. With the case hot, the bearing outers came out easily.

When putting back together, level up the gearbox once all the gear clusters and forks are back in place, check for neutral on both gears and selector case. Then slide the selector case on.

Hey - just thinking about the order of doing things... You might want to put the throttle bodies on while you can still lift the frame off the transmission. I don't think the TB assembly can be passed through as it sits now.

Good point, need to clean then up. The bolts aren't tightened up yet so perfect timing, thanks

Mini sledge hammer... mwah hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Mini-sledge" in photo two, but ya can't hide that *claw hammer* in photo one . . .

A man's hammers tell his tale  :luigi:  . . .  until the damn Heavy-Duty Sawz-All shows up again . . . :o;)

Mini sledge hammer... mwah hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Mini-sledge" in photo two, but ya can't hide that *claw hammer* in photo one . . .

A man's hammers tell his tale  :luigi:  . . .  until the damn Heavy-Duty Sawz-All shows up again . . . :o;)

Its not the Claw... its the Craw..