Customised V11's

nobleswood

I've always thought that the v11 rear end looked awful without the tail-section- and not so easy to customise perhaps?

I have honestly yet to see a 'true' V11 that was fully customised to look better than the original v11sport. Even ghezzi- and we all know how good they are.

I mean, not like a tonti, or f/bed etc, that had a structure in place to bolt to...

Case in point:

http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2016/12/round-head-racer-moto-guzzi-lemans-mkii.html

mmmmmm! Should put this on 'what bike would you desire' thread.

I do love round-fins, but that rear section looks a bit chunky to my eyes.

After reading interviews with the V11 designer, Luciano Marabese, I understand his determination to keep the (rather large) V11 tail section: it is reminiscent of the Gambalunghino he penned the V11 from.

1+moto-guzzi-Gambalungino-1950-Rot165_32

Looking at a way to "slim" the tail on my Sport. Hope Luciano M. will be okay with it . . .

I'd just like to hear it ride by at full chat.

I suspect you'd be dissapointed docc.

Ciao

Could be. I wouldn't want to be the one to dial in the tune with that intake/exhaust and a downdraft Weber ! :wacko:          (We'll have to get 'dangerous' to take that task on!  :sun: )

The article I read in Café Racer Magazine said they stripped the body work off looking for a tube frame and were surprised to find the spine instead, but after a bit saw what genius (my word) it is.