Green LeMans spotted in Oregon

swooshdave

I'm one of those lurkers from Wild Guzzi, you know, with one of those old bikes and looks longingly at these fancy new ones...

I snapped a pic of this bike at the Oregon Vintage Motorcyclist show last May in Corvallis. The event has been going on some 35 years. I was wondering if anyone recognized this bike and perhaps the owner? If I end up with a V11 it will be green with a red frame...

33262202296_feb343b916_c.jpg

That looks to be a first gen V11 sport, one of the red frame bikes. In my opinion, the best V11 they made in the best color.

I need to go re-read the FAQ about the models...

I have a 2009 Bonneville I need to sell so I can get my next bike, which will be another Guzzi! Now just to figure out which one!

I saw one of those advertised recently. It also had red wheels and the ad said something about the red wheels being unique to a limited edition. I had not heard of a limited edition greenie before... anyone else? 

swooshdave - sounds like you already know you want a V11 as your next bike. Now to narrow it down... 

I saw one of those advertised recently. It also had red wheels and the ad said something about the red wheels being unique to a limited edition. I had not heard of a limited edition greenie before... anyone else? 

swooshdave - sounds like you already know you want a V11 as your next bike. Now to narrow it down... 

I narrowed it down to green, how much more narrow can I get?  :glare:

:oldgit:

If I end up with a V11 it will be green with a red frame...

I should consider reading things...  :homer:

If I end up with a V11 it will be green with a red frame...

I should consider reading things...  :homer:

Totally overrated! If I had read things I would have know that the green ones aren't called LeMans! Well, I did read it, it just didn't retain...  :rolleyes:

No,as far as I know, the greenie never came with red wheels. Naturally, I could have forgotten. :oldgit:  I was still in my "honeymoon" stage with the Centauro when I rode to Mid Ohio and Guzzi had a brand new greenie there. :homer: I was instantly in lust, but not enough to do anything about it. My Kid eventually bought a pristine example as his first Guzzi, and molested it himself. :grin: Lowryter has it now. I still say it's one of the prettiest Guzzis ever.

You can make a case for ANY Moto Guzzi being a "limited edition". None of them are made in large numbers. And the early red frame models are a little different than the later V11s (better or worse is a matter of opinion on that). But I am pretty much positive their were no "limited editions" of any of the red frame V11s. The greenies are the rarest of the three collors (of the red frame'rs). But they did not come from the factory with red wheels as far as I know. That is likely something done by an owner.

• Like 1

Yep.  They have gray wheels like all the other red frames.   Really pretty in person but hard to capture in a photo.  As mentioned, Brad (Chuck's son) has dialed mine in so far as smooth torque and sweet handling.