Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

Please please keep reporting on this trip, I have only been Texas and Georgia on trips to Bell Helicopter and Gulfstream training courses. I have always fancied seeing the East coast, Oregon and California - or have I got my navigation all wrong? ANYWAYS, it would be fascinating to hear about your trip.

If there's one thing I do is over-document my adventures. I'm surprised I haven't been kicked off the forum yet.  :ninja:

If you want up to the minute stuff you can follow me on Instagram (swooshdave) and Twitter (@swooshdave). I was going to post to the V11 Sport Facebook group but that's pretty dead (I think the last post was two years ago). And then I'll post to this thread as I can.

With only a 150 mile range I'll have time to upload photos.

Stay tuned!

And I think you meant West Coast.

• Like 1

I'm surprised I haven't been kicked off the forum yet.  :ninja:

Your Greenie Attitude is under the sharp eye of The Entire Moderating Team. :rasta::drink::bier::blink::wacko:  :oldgit: 

• Like 1

good point Docc.  I've been kicked off 4 or 5 forums over the last few years.  Something about guys on greenies I suppose.  

Even worse, I am not ashed-  hell, proud. 

I'm still getting the build date and VIN. Trying to not bug the seller too much. One week to go.

KILLING ME.

Weather in the Bay Area turned to crap today. It was a good call not to go this week.

According to some documents I got from the owner Moto International preformed some gearbox warrenty done in which they "replaced four internal parts". Any idea what that was?

According to some documents I got from the owner Moto International preformed some gearbox warrenty done in which they "replaced four internal parts". Any idea what that was?

That sounds like the gearbox recall. Good news!

And doubly so done by MI.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14680&p=158632

Yes, I'm looking forward to taking it back up to Moto International just to visit.

Were there any other warranties for that year?

Other "Recalls?" No. The early V11 gearbox issues were subject to an actual US NHTSA Recall Program. Also "recalled" were the very early rod failures.

I have a long list of things that were otherwise *warrantied* on my 2000 Sport (March 2000 build date). I had one of the rare 3 year warranties.  And my dealer was amazing, taking care of my Sport over that entire time. :thumbsup::mg:

As for the cable. Just remove the seat and rear body panel. Then the tank is an easy-off - a couple fuel lines and wires and only one bolt. I ran a battery-tender cable from the battery, up the spine to the headlight area. Battery Tender makes a USB adapter. With that, I have easy access for charging (or measuring battery voltage) and can power any USB device with the adapter.

Why do you have to remove the rear body panel to run the cable from the battery to the front?

Sooo . . .  while the tank (early/ chin-pad tank with external pump and filter) is really not that difficult to lift, I would not dislodge one in a parking lot, or before a significant ride, just to stretch a charging wire for a mobile device.  Once in the comfort of my bunkered abode, I would get after the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist.

Your V11 Sport looks to be a good candidate to just get on and ride home. :thumbsup::mg:

Fresh fuel, tires, battery, [relays] . . . good to go! :bike:

Sooo . . .  while the tank (early/ chin-pad tank with external pump and filter) is really not that difficult to lift, I would not dislodge one in a parking lot, or before a significant ride, just to stretch a charging wire for a mobile device.  Once in the comfort of my bunkered abode, I would get after the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist.

Your V11 Sport looks to be a good candidate to just get on and ride home. :thumbsup::mg:

Fresh fuel, tires, battery, [relays] . . . good to go! :bike:

I suspect I can remove the rear bolt and lift the tank enough to run the wire if there's enough play in the fuel line. As I run the phone as my GPS I'll want to have it handy.