Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

Hopefully you can fish the wire. On my bike the tank rubs on the rear panel when I lift it. I remove the rear panel because I don't like forcing things. When you remove the seat you will see what I'm talking about. If you just want to be sure you have power for your phone on the return trip you could bring a spare battery - the kind that uses a USB cable to recharge. Then you can take your time with the wiring at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you can fish the wire. On my bike the tank rubs on the rear panel when I lift it. I remove the rear panel because I don't like forcing things. When you remove the seat you will see what I'm talking about. If you just want to be sure you have power for your phone on the return trip you could bring a spare battery - the kind that uses a USB cable to recharge. Then you can take your time with the wiring at home.

Does the tank rub because it's swelled a little? Or does the plastic just distort after a while?

If the wire doesn't cooperate easily I'll be fine. I can charge the phone in the tail while riding. I have one of the big old eyes phone so it holds a charge for a while.

I think it's due to swelling. Nothing but ethanol here in CA. Had file a bit off tail piece front mount to get tank to fit.

Ok, my current packing list:

Rain Gear (we had 70mph winds here today. So glad I wasn't flying out today!)

3 pairs of gloves (summer, spring and winter, this is Oregon and you can have all three seasons in one afternoon!)

Rok Straps

RAM mounts (yes, two, one that can bolt to the mirror/clutch perch and another that can mount in the steering stem http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19070)

Relays (FIVE Omron so I don't have to hear from docc when I hit a bump and pop a relay)

Battery Tender cable (current owner doesn't believe in battery tenders, thinks that if you need one you don't ride enough. Obviously doesn't live in Oregon!)

​Battery Tender extension (to run power to the RAM mount)

Battery Tender to USB adapter

Battery Tender Voltage Meter (the battery is a couple years old so I need to see how strong it is)

Multimeter

Allen Wrenches

Cresent Wrench (Small)

Zip ties!

Safety Wire (for when zip ties just aren't enough)

Duct Tape (for when zip ties and safety wire isn't enough)

Go Cruise (the aluminum one because the plastic ones break)

​Spare bag so I can offload some stuff to the rear rack.

​All this plus clothes and other stuff going into my Velomacchi backpack. It's going to be loaded!

​It should look interesting going through the TSA checkpoint with this stuff...

It's snowing in Northern California and Southern Oregon. That would have made for a highly unpleasant ride.

Just taking the relays, the other stuff is Molex parts for the 850-T.

It's snowing in Northern California and Southern Oregon. That would have made for a highly unpleasant ride.

Just taking the relays, the other stuff is Molex parts for the 850-T.

From a guy that sez sleep's for the weak. You'd just need to suck it up and continue on.. :grin:  :ninja:  

Fuses: 5s and 10s and 30? That should be it, right?

There's one 15.

When your replace the relays, pull as straight up as possible so as not to open up the contacts in the bases. You'll have to rock them a little, but be mindful.

I am really not looking forward to the traffic down there. The good news is that motorcycles can use the carpool lanes. The bad news is that the car pool lanes don't help. I have to go from Palo Alto to Oakland in the late afternoon. Ugh. I'm sure I'm making it out to be worse than it is.

I've never lane split like they do down there. I guess if the traffic is really bad I could try it. Just tuck behind one of the local bikes and hang on!