Fairing Options

swooshdave

Harpers has a couple online for the sport.

Black or silver, 2 sizes.

I found this one. $123, but then $400 for the bracket...

https://www.harpermoto.com/front-fairing-ballabio-grey-01575383.html

The Scura and other small fairings on the sports mount directly to the headlight. My Scura has two little metal braces that go to the top triple clamp - not a big bracket.  http://www.harpermoto.com/parts-by-motorcycle/2000-up-moto-guzzi-motorcycles/v-11-le-mans-sport-naked-1100-2001-2002/naked-windshield-en-v11-lemans-sport-naked-2001-2002.html

In 2003 and 2004 the Ballabio, Cafe Sport, and Coppa Italia have similar flyscreens - but the headlight was mounted on a bracket to the frame. The later bikes' headlights stick out too far (IMO) and do not turn with the bars.

See.

Just what I was saying !

Yeah - I think we posted at same time. Great minds thinking alike...

• Like 1

gallery_4064_178_198226.jpg

Yeah, I know, I don't even have the bike in my dirty little paws but I have to ask, where do you get a fairing like that? Were they optional for the bikes originally?

Are they hard to find? I assume any fairing from the pre-2002 bikes will work?

Thanks!

(PS, I searched for "fairing" and didn't find anything specific to this style fairing.)

So, there you have it, Swooshdave! Yes, there are Sport fairings you can fit to the Greenie. No, they are probably not the originaly available Stucchi, but later Givi designs. If you know what your looking for, you might turn up an original (Moto Guzzi accessory) Stucchi for the Greenie. The Imminent-net is a wondrous place!

Otherwise, be mindful of the mounting change that Scud and nobleswood have noted. :thumbsup:

It doesn't have to be stock, just stock like. Headlight mounted is fine.

Parts for my 850-T don't seem to be hard to find, I guess I'm about to find out what it like finding V11 Sport stuff...

This is the screen that came with mine, not sure what brand it is.  The paint on the screen seems to be lighter than the rest of the bike, but in daylight it looks much closer to the original colour.

Oh, if you think my clutch fluid needs changing, the PO used ATE blue brake fluid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So the Scura fairings are no longer available? Has anyone looked at getting them reproduced in fiberglass?

Harper's shows the Billy Bob/Coppa fairing. Can that be made to work? I've never really considered it..

It's a good thought, as the difference is in how the headlight mounts to the suspension on the early models, and not to the frame as on the later models.

Maybe someone with a Ballabio/Cafe/Coppa can take a closer look for us?

Oh, and congrats on the Greenie! Have a great maiden voyage.

-Joe

Cafe Sport.jpg