Will California Special valve covers fit a V11 Cafe Sport?

polebridge

I can't say from experience but I know I've seen 2v valve covers on square fins.

I think what you are saying is you've seen round head valve covers on square fin motors. It takes an adapter plate.. but that can be done.

Ahhh. I haven't seen that one. There is a different part number for the valve cover gaskets, but they look similar in a picture.

what is wrong with the original brown ones? that's how Guzzi sold them stock. or just have them repainted?. to me, the ones you bought are too gaudy..

Was that $150 for one cover? Here's a cool aftermarket pair on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Custom-VALVE-COVERS-Big-Blocks-Square-Fin-Heads-1100-/131655506299?hash=item1ea747997b:g:4S4AAOSwkZhWTMhH&vxp=mtr

I have a pair of original covers that are painted grey, but have some scratches from the bike being down. I think a good shop could polish the scratches out. 

I have a set of these in black on my Griso (2 valve 1100). I had to replace the spark plug lead to accommodate the different routing. But it was a straight swap other than that. For a V11 it should just be a direct swap.

what is wrong with the original brown ones? that's how Guzzi sold them stock. or just have them repainted?. to me, the ones you bought are too gaudy..

I kind of agree on the gaudy thing.  Hoping it looks good on the bike.  Too me though the brown (couple with the gold, red, white, and green of the Coppa) looks a bit gaudy which is why I am swapping.  I would paint them but I want to be able to keep the original look just in case. 

I kind of agree on the gaudy thing.  Hoping it looks good on the bike.  Too me though the brown (couple with the gold, red, white, and green of the Coppa) looks a bit gaudy which is why I am swapping.  I would paint them but I want to be able to keep the original look just in case. 

Those look really good on LuckyPhil's bike

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Custom-VALVE-COVERS-Big-Blocks-Square-Fin-Heads-1100-/131655506299?hash=item1ea747997b:g:4S4AAOSwkZhWTMhH&vxp=mtr

I have a pair of original covers that are painted grey, but have some scratches from the bike being down. I think a good shop could polish the scratches out.

Im right now debating on getting a set of these for the Scura.

This guy also sells these with a black crinkle coat... I've seen them with the "Guzzi" brushed on the black. They really pop...

These are whats fitted to mine. I love the look of them in black and a side benigit is they quieten down the valve gear. Well worth it in my view.

Ciao