Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

Nope. Like I’m the only one in that crew with an Italian bike...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking you have a Norton?

Nope. Like I’m the only one in that crew with an Italian bike...

I was thinking you have a Norton?

We're a very inclusive club. We even let BSAs hang out.

Thanks for taking us along, Dave!

(What's with the epileptic ail light?) :blink:

So with some LED bulbs in order to dim them (in the running light mode) they are rapidly flashed. This tricks your eyes into thinking they are dimmer. Then when you apply the brake they go solid (or in the case of this bulb, flash then solid). So the GoPro shutter picks up the rapid flashing but not the flashing when I applied the brake light.

If you look carefully there you can see a slight flicker with the running light.

This is because the shutter speed is variable so at some times (depending on how light or dark it is) you may or may not see the flicker.

#themoreyouknow

I have the same unit. Looks like a normal tail light to the naked eye, flashes several times upon braking. Under ten bucks.

Several of the guys I regularly ride with have given it good reviews and ordered them for their bikes.

so a human doesn't "see" that strobe the whole time following you? I thought it strobed on braking.

Correct. But it’s the opposite of what you see in the video.

Nice video Dave!

How was the Thruxton? Always liked the looks of them, suprised it is only a few pounds lighter than the V11.

I’ve ridden his Thruxton before. It’s narrower, feels lighter although it’s not by much. The brake doesn’t compare to the massive brakes on the V11. Handling is not bad (I went from a 2009 Bonneville to the V11 so have a good reference). The Thruxton handlebars are way shorter and the rearsets are actually further back (tank is a bit shorter). And you sit higher.

Engine-wise the Thruxton is really smooth up to about 5k, then gets buzzy. And it really doesn’t feel faster the higher you rev it. My V11 always has a little vibration but I’m use to it. But from 5-8k the V11 is a hoot.

What else can I tell you?

Nice video Dave!

How was the Thruxton? Always liked the looks of them, suprised it is only a few pounds lighter than the V11.

I’ve ridden his Thruxton before. It’s narrower, feels lighter although it’s not by much. The brake doesn’t compare to the massive brakes on the V11. Handling is not bad (I went from a 2009 Bonneville to the V11 so have a good reference). The Thruxton handlebars are way shorter and the rearsets are actually further back (tank is a bit shorter). And you sit higher.

Engine-wise the Thruxton is really smooth up to about 5k, then gets buzzy. And it really doesn’t feel faster the higher you rev it. My V11 always has a little vibration but I’m use to it. But from 5-8k the V11 is a hoot.

What else can I tell you?

I heard you suggesting to your friend to get the V11 in the upper rev range. Good advice!

"Coming onto the cam . . ."

I can’t see the tach but since he got it up to 90 I’m assuming he found the cam. The Thruxton just couldn’t keep up.