POSSIBLE 2000 v11 PURCHASE

bikelee

amstaf welcome. this is a great place to visit to sort out all things (well, most things) V11 Sport/LM. Good to see the ambivalence re selling. A good friend once told me, on considering a sale, "I only make my decision to sell or not sell immediately after a good ride." I stole that from him and added it to my own general decision philosophy "if it's not 'definitely yes', then it's 'definitely no'". Good luck with the sale.

No, he didn’t buy the bike yet! I’m the seller, and stumbled on this thread somehow. Lots of good background info provided by the longtime dedicated V11LeMans enthusiasts here that I am grateful for. Mine doesn’t have any issues. This thread caused some research for me last few days ferreting out the threads on the cracked gearbox cases,the Sachs shock eyelet failures and the Speedhut gauges. The transmission mounting plate monumental PITA to install. Reminds me of greasing the splines on a K bike. The bike only gets used less than half dozen times a year because most of my riding is either ADV or off-road. I just sold a nice Magni Fairing that was on the bike when I bought it to a guy in Korea for $500.

I don’t care too much if I sell this bike because it looks so cool, and the posts here kind of psyched me about it and made me ambivalent. Maybe the Griso will sell instead. What I’d really like is a Breva 1200 Sport to replace them both, and the Breva 1100 I sold last year.

Breva over a Griso?  :bbblll:

Welcome amstaf... Good luck with the sell vs keep decision. I guess we'll get to see a bit more the bike either way. I think the 1200 Sport is an attractive bike (but only in Black). They don't come up for sale too often, but when they do the prices seem reasonable. The 1200 Sport would seem to fit nicely between the Griso and the V11 Sport - in several aspects, such as handling, styling, riding position, etc.

Hey guys thanks. The V11 for me isn’t an “all day” bike which is what causes thoughts of selling. My knees get too sore. The Griso may be, but I haven’t had it long enough to test it, but the Breva could be ridden all day and had a nice soft suspension. Then I caught drift of the new V85 Concept that could replace all of my bikes except the Beta 300. It’s a wonderful thing chasing your tail shopping for bikes except when you run out of room, and time for upkeep.

The V85 isn't going to be available for while. In the meantime, I bet a Moto Guzzi Stelvio could replace the Tenere and Griso, leaving you with the V11 Sport for half-day fun rides, the Beta for serious dirt duty,

And how about that Husqvarna Terra? She fits between the Beta and the Tenere or Stelvio. 

They were saying the V85 was coming this year. The Griso may be good as a trade for that. I was hearing V85 was supposed to be nearly as light as the Terra, so the Terra could go. At that point, as great a bike as the Tenere is, it may be superfluous, and if so it could go. Bottom line is one dirt bike is required, but too many street bikes are a chore. On the other hand it’s a good collection-not unlike your’s, Scud.

Bottom line is one dirt bike is required, but too many street bikes are a chore. On the other hand it’s a good collection-not unlike your’s, Scud.

Yeah... I think we could swap stables for a month and both be happy.

• 1 month later...

If "sense" = "makes you happy" then yes, I agree with Dave that it makes sense. 

Does it makes sense to have a Griso instead of V7R? I think so. 

While we're on this topic, I'd like to ask if anyone can point me to a thread on how to address the "knee issue". My V11 Sport already has better/higher bars courtesy of the previous owner. But my hip joint and knees aren't very fond of the high pegs. Is there a definitive list of parts available that can move the pegs down (assuming both shifter and rear brake lever need new components here as well)?

VT4L