Pete Roper V11 slosh trays now available!

Pressureangle

Plates shipped to all but the overseas people yesterday (Saturday)

(Tom Phil Mike and Richard I'll work on tomorrow, Monday)

Photos of the shipping labels with tracking numbers have been sent to you.

Fedex ended up being a dollar or so cheaper than UPS so all tracking should be done on the Fedex website.

Insurance for $100 is included with these shipments.

I have emailed total costs to each of you and if there is any chance of sending me a personal check ("cheque" as spelled everywhere else in the world) then that would help because I totally forgot about the fee PayPal charge me to receive payments.

I'll update the others tomorrow.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:02 PM, docc said:

@alannn,

I did find this metal core gasket (part number B063861), posted by Rolf Halvorsen, that sandwiches the plate (one above, one below). [The OEM "paper" gasket for the V11 is GU01003650.

The OEM sump to spacer gasket is GU01003600. I did not find the metal core equivalent for that one.

Looking at the part number at MG Cycle the metal gaskets B063861 seem to be for a ENGINE SUMP GASKET CALIFORNIA 1400 SERIES, GRISO 1200 8V. I'm curious if this is indeed true? Also would anaerobic gasket sealer on both sides work? As far as the oil pan gasket I have those ordered before and they are easy peasie to get... If the sealer wouldn't work and the metal gaskets are the call... I hate to be that guy but a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks to all for this.

I would want to look at this metal gasket to see if it has o-rings in the important places before I went w/o gaskets on this job. I think you are gonna be better w/gaskets in this situation.

6 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

...cheque...

...the fee PayPal charge me to receive payments.

Cheque is difficult for me. They are not in common use here, so I don't have a cheque account.

I thought that paypal "to a friend" doesn't cost anything for either party. If you can't use that for whatever reason, just let me know what the charges are, and I'll put that amount on top. :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Cheque is difficult for me. They are not in common use here, so I don't have a cheque account.

I thought that paypal "to a friend" doesn't cost anything for either party. If you can't use that for whatever reason, just let me know what the charges are, and I'll put that amount on top. :)

Paypal is easier but if the email is a commercial account it still gets dinged and added to the year end taxes as income to the business account for that email... 

Guys

The comments about a check / cheque were directed to the locals here and not to you four international people.

I know that is not possible.

All good ... Paypal will be your method.

Back to you asap.

• Thanks 2

Sent prices to overseas guys for UPS delivery.

Seems way too expensive.

Awaiting your feedback.

2 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

Sent prices to overseas guys for UPS delivery.

Seems way too expensive.

Awaiting your feedback.

Have checked FedEx?  Or DHL?

On 1/28/2024 at 12:16 PM, Dragonknee said:

Looking at the part number at MG Cycle the metal gaskets B063861 seem to be for a ENGINE SUMP GASKET CALIFORNIA 1400 SERIES, GRISO 1200 8V. I'm curious if this is indeed true? Also would anaerobic gasket sealer on both sides work? As far as the oil pan gasket I have those ordered before and they are easy peasie to get... If the sealer wouldn't work and the metal gaskets are the call... I hate to be that guy but a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks to all for this.

Regarding the gaskets, I pulled the OEM "GU" numbers in this post from the Moto Guzzi Parts Catalog for V11 1999-2001:

• Thanks 2

I just order the stock gaskets, figure they will be fine. Thanks for getting back Docc

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:16 AM, Dragonknee said:

Also would anaerobic gasket sealer on both sides work? As far as the oil pan gasket I have those ordered before and they are easy peasie to get... If the sealer wouldn't work and the metal gaskets are the call... I hate to be that guy but a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks to all for this.

I used anaerobic flange sealer on my bike (LOCKTITE 515) without any problems. No gaskets means no need to slot the hole for the sidestand bolt.

I now have 4 gaskets to give away for the cost of shipping. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

i'll check DHL and Fedex costs tomorrow and email individually.

G'day mate.

I just emailed re go with US post but maybe I'll wait and see how you go with these...

But if much the same as UPS will stick with the post.

Cheers