Origins of V11LeMans.com

Admin Jaap

On 4/16/2021 at 7:24 AM, Chuck said:

The best place in the world if you have a V11 LeMans..:grin::thumbsup:

heu.... the best place in the world if you have a V11???;)

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, Admin Jaap said:

That's easy! I bought a V11LM (after also trying a BMW R1150S and an Aprilia Mille) and decided the twin lump with the classic looks were just what the doctor ordered after a Yamaha 600 Fazer. I fell in love with the bike immediately and decided to find others that had a similar experiences to share. Building websites was my other hobby, so I combined the two. I made a lot of friends worldwide, especially in the USA, where I was given a very warm welcome on my 4 week holiday trip from Seattle to San Francisco in 2004. ( :notworthy:you know who you are!)
And here we are, 19 years later.

What a treasure, this place. :notworthy:  Jaap, I cannot thank you enough, Good Sir.  :bier:

My 20th (!) anniversary here is in a couple days.  And this my 17,000th post ( ! ! ! ). :ph34r::huh::grin:

I dearly hope my contributions have been worthy, respectful, and helpful. -_-

No way I can get mySport out for a ride today, so, as for me, count me in for my annual donation.

"The Ride Starts Here " . . .

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I know there are other forums but once I settled in here , I haven't gone looking for aything/anywhere else . I like all the members here and everyone is interested in product improvement !  

• Like 9

I am fairly new to forums and a member in only 3, the other two being Grisoghetto and WG. But this is by far where I spend the most time. It may have to do with the fact that my V11S has become my favorite bike but foremost because I very much enjoy the small community here, and the dedication of all members to the maintenance and development of this unique motorbike. 

And maybe it is not in small part because of this forum and its community that my V11 has become my #1 bike...

So, a big thank you to @Admin Jaap for creating, running and maintaining this forum and to @docc for the time and dedication in helping it run smoothly and to remind us why we are all here. :notworthy:

Donation sent ☑️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:55 AM, Admin Jaap said:

That's easy! I bought a V11LM (after also trying a BMW R1150S and an Aprilia Mille) and decided the twin lump with the classic looks were just what the doctor ordered after a Yamaha 600 Fazer. I fell in love with the bike immediately and decided to find others that had a similar experiences to share. Building websites was my other hobby, so I combined the two. I made a lot of friends worldwide, especially in the USA, where I was given a very warm welcome on my 4 week holiday trip from Seattle to San Francisco in 2004. ( :notworthy:you know who you are!)
And here we are, 19 years later.

Are there many of us left active (or semi-active ^_^) on the forum that met you during that cross-country trip?  ;)

And recall that this was at least the second iteration of the forum.  As I recall in the very early days you changed software and we made some effort to copy over some of those early posts.  ...ages ago :oldgit:

As others have said, thank you so much for keeping this invaluable resource available!  Many owners would have long since given up out of frustration on any variety of issues and questions, without the forum and or course the members here to help!

• Like 4

Since I bought the V11 Le Mans early last December, I've been visiting 5 Forums. (before that it was two...) This one is becoming a favourite. One of the reasons is because the others are all German language, and here I can read and write about my motorcycle in my mother tongue. The "relief" is not to be underestimated, even though I am, after 27 years in Germany, quite fluent in German. B)

That, however, would not be enough without the fact that the forum here is full of really good knowledge, and the "forum culture" is very pleasant.

My thanks also to Jaap and docc, anyone else involved in the running of the forum, and all the members here who make the forum what it is. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

There is a 87 yr old man  I've known since I was about 14. James Mariner . He has owned bikes since he was about 16. He could explain EVERYTHING about these bikes . Why the carb jetting on one side is different than the other side , blah blah blah. The one thing that has stuck in my head. He admits these bikes have faults. What he did say about a MG owner . They are some type or sort of professional.  

We love these bikes not for what they are but for what they almost are. 

If we had a brain , we would push them up in a corner , take the blue pill , get a HONDA and ride trouble free for the rest of our lives w/just enough sense to put gas in the tank.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, gstallons said:

We love these bikes not for what they are but for what they almost are.

I would put that differently:

We love these bikes for what they are, despite that which they aren't. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I would put that differently:

We love these bikes for what they are, despite that which they aren't. :)

I plagiarized a line from Jerry Maguire 

23 hours ago, gstallons said:

If we had a brain , we would push them up in a corner , take the blue pill , get a HONDA and ride trouble free for the rest of our lives w/just enough sense to put gas in the tank.

This is exactly what the previous owner of my V11 did before selling it me, bought a Honda 750NC750X with DCT. He was getting on in years and had difficulties operating the bike, particularly the clutch as he had developed some condition in his hands that made it uncomfortable, also wasn't keen on the owner maintenance required as he once was, but didn't want to give up riding. 

So he got a push button => go ride - no worries sewing machine of a bike and kept happy just riding.

I never did ask him about the blue pill... :huh:

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

You know what I mean....

I did interpret it in your first comment as a forever happy drug... I wasn't too far from the mark.

Althought I had to look it up... :blush:  Movie references are lost on me... I'm an hermit when it comes to pop culture.

Such are the perils one faces when conversing in their non-native tongue :unsure:

• Like 2