A test report for V11 tyres

motortouring

3 hours ago, po18guy said:

... Avon Spirit ST...

I have those on the Kawasaki GTR 1000 (Concourse in the USA) that I haven't managed to sell yet. I was quite impressed with them. Interesting, that they have sizes to fit the V11. Maybe I should look into that. :huh2:

I bought these. Metzler Sportec M9 RR 180x55 on the rear and a 120 on the front. I liked the look of them and the tread pattern looks quite sexy and they seemed quite expensive so I figured they must be good.

Phil 

image.png

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, po18guy said:

For what it is worth. I live in rainy town, so I wondered who deals the most with wet roads. The Brits are certainly top 5 if not #1. So, to Avon I have gone. Their bias ply tires served me well on my "collector vehicle" EX500, and so when I picked up a nail in the rear of the V11, I went with the Avon Spirit ST. Dual compound, possibly front and rear - rear for sure. When the front Michi is gone - I suspect its geometry is not ideal for the V11 - I'll mount a Spirit ST on the front as well. The reviews mention that they even work for track days. NOT a concern with me. 

https://www.avontyres.com/en-us/tyres/spirit-st

The rear tire is $220 and out of stock..... not cheap

13 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I bought these. Metzler Sportec M9 RR 180x55 on the rear and a 120 on the front. I liked the look of them and the tread pattern looks quite sexy and they seemed quite expensive so I figured they must be good.

Phil 

image.png

Phil, why did you go with a fattie on the greenie?

You must have a wider wheel, it's not stock anyway.

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Phile, why did you go with a fattie on the greenie?

You must have a wider wheel, it's not stock anyway.

Because it looks good and I'm a racer:grin:  17X5.5 inch rim.

Phil

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

The rear tire is $220 and out of stock..... not cheap

I paid $175 (late last year?) at the local multi-brand dealer but we are in inflationary times. 

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Phil 

image.png

For sure, if your rear tire isn't sexy, chicks won't even give you the time of day......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

For sure, if your rear tire isn't sexy, chicks won't even give you the time of day......

I also have that tyre. On this sexyness it did not deliver. But still 5000 to go ... at least.

• Haha 2