Can't choose between V11 and 2v CARC bike. Help!!

Icenian

These throttle bodies or throttle body assembly are/is similar to the V11 set-up. The difference being things are not as tamperproof on the V11.  

This setup Pete was using keeps the "tuner" from tampering with idle adjustment , throttle body synch. and apparently TPS . The idle speed is controlled by the IAC motor and it is controlled by the PCM. 

The v11 allows us to customize our bike to our "satisfaction or dissatisfaction !

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, gstallons said:

These throttle bodies or throttle body assembly are/is similar to the V11 set-up. The difference being things are not as tamperproof on the V11.  

This setup Pete was using keeps the "tuner" from tampering with idle adjustment , throttle body synch. and apparently TPS . The idle speed is controlled by the IAC motor and it is controlled by the PCM. 

The v11 allows us to customize our bike to our "satisfaction or dissatisfaction !

Umm? No, not really.

There hasn't been an easier bike to tune than a W5AM Guzzi since? Well, probably just about ever.

Was it designed that way to make tampering harder? Maybe? I can't say for sure but sure as shit ain't sugar it hasn't stopped people fucking about with shit they don't understand BUT if they want to take the time to understand it almost everything in the W5AM is adjustable.

Idle speed? No problem. It's easily accessible in the map. Correction tables and most other parameters likewise. To do so though you simply need to learn to use different tools. You can't just do it with screwdrivers and a multimeter any more!

The more recent ECU's and their increasing interconnectivity have far greater levels of encryption to prevent tampering but I don't, in and of itself, see that as a problem. The needed regulation of the final generation of fossil fuel powered vehicles isn't just based on the 'Evil Government' stopping us having *Fun*, it's because the actual technologies used in engine design are outstripping the abilities of 'Conventional' tuners to understand and master!

I'm no genius but I can clearly see the idiocy of a lot of the *Solutions* and 'Tuning' tips offered by a variety of clowns, some of whom seem to be held in high regard, on even a two or three generations from current removed motor like my muse the Hi-Cam 8V! Thinking of what stupidity will be heaped on the V100 motor makes me shudder with dread!

Making modern IC engines efficient and clean isn't some sort of plot to rob us of something! It's common sense. I'll be all for tuners actually working out ways to increase the performance and efficiency of them. I just don't believe that that will be achieved by a combination of whining and harking back to tuning methods and technologies of the best part of a century ago. 

A motor like the V100 is designed to run with an AFR getting close to 15/1 in places. Playing the '"Just add more fuel, remove the anti pollution devices" card is simply sad and desperate bollocks from grifters trying to make a buck off the back of mugs.

YOMV

Pete , let me say , it makes it more difficult for the average tuner to @#!#$# up. I should have said the new setup is more difficult than the old one. 

Your last paragraph summed up everything. All the clucks around here want to install a plug n play device to get more ( of something ) on their vehicles and convince themselves something happened .  

I remember this young man had a SS 454 Chevy truck and purchased a special hi-performance PROM . I replaced it and he was convinced I did something wrong because " I can't tell any difference". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1