V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

Thanks czakky! Sorry I haven't posted these in while...but hopefully the above group was worth the wait!

BTW, I contacted the guy with the Tenni green Cafe Sport, here is what he had to say:

Hi Joe. It's nice to find someone who can appreciate what I have done with the bike. There isn't many Moto Guzzi lovers where I am. Anyway, I bought the bike from insurance agency as it had a damage to the front wheel, forks and speedometer. I replaced the shocks with the ones from MV Augusta . Never liked the speedometer so I got after market one. Brand new wheel. There was no damage to the body but since  I always loved the green I went with it. I tried clip ons but the long tank made it impossible to ride it so I went to more original style handlebars. I can take more pictures. Any special angles , pieces ?

Is "rebuilt" a nice way of stating "salvage title so the ins. co. is never going to pay off on the real replacement cost when something bad happens to it?" ;)

Nicely done tho'. Pump him for the info on what paint codes he used! :D

Can't say for sure...I bought it in 2005 out of a now closed shop in Oceanside.  It had  about 5,000 or so on it then, with a failed rotor and stator causing charging issues.  I owned it until last year with 30,000 miles on it, traded it for a Futura, and it's changed hands twice since then (yet only collected another 2,000 miles between them for some reason :huh2:)

Emailed the current owner...says it's not what he wants, but I suspect the persistent sneeze/cough at 2500RPM I'd never been able to fully solve is scaring them off. I just never rode it slow enough to care I s'pose. :grin:

I've toyed with selling one of my airheads to get it back, but can't quite get myself there yet.  Mostly because I can't afford to have it as just a toy, and I think my next main ride will likely be a used Stelvio.  If I bring the V11 back home, any chance at talking the wife into a Stelvio will be infinitely more difficult.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That scura won't last long...

Wait: "363 of 650?"

Rosso Mandello were numbered through 300 and another 300 built but not numbered . . .

Scura were numbered?

Scura were numbered with plaques on the top triple clamp (mine says S375), but it seems that they were more common than many of the non-numbered bikes. I added the one for sale to the Scura Register (aka therapy group)... wait, isn't this whole site a therapy group? I know I feel better since joining...  :drink:

Scura were numbered with plaques on the top triple clamp (mine says S375), but it seems that they were more common than many of the non-numbered bikes. I added the one for sale to the Scura Register (aka therapy group)... wait, isn't this whole site a therapy group? I know I feel better since joining...  :drink:

I got chewed out for suggesting something like that once before.

All Guzzi's are limited production. Having a numbered plaque is not required. Some are less common than others, having a numbered plaque has little to do with it.

My '93 Daytona is probably rarer than a Scura, my wifes Lario is probably rarer still. But that has little to do with how much fun they all are to ride.

I enjoy riding ALL my Guzzi's, and would happily enjoy riding yours if you want to lend it to me ;-)

Can't we all just get along?????

I got chewed out for suggesting something like that once before.

All Guzzi's are limited production. Having a numbered plaque is not required. Some are less common than others, having a numbered plaque has little to do with it.

My '93 Daytona is probably rarer than a Scura, my wifes Lario is probably rarer still. But that has little to do with how much fun they all are to ride.

I enjoy riding ALL my Guzzi's, and would happily enjoy riding yours if you want to lend it to me ;-)

Can't we all just get along?????

They are all rare. I did a little rough math over at the LeMans Registry: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17535&page=3

The number plaque makes it seem more rare. I admit, it's kind of fun to show off when people ask about the Scura:  "Look it's so rare that they numbered them..." Maybe I'll stick a plaque on the LeMans for entertainment value.

Let me know when you're in the area. I'll show you a few mountain roads and you can show me how to lean a bike until the front axle nut drags around the corners... 

I believe I've seen a few people write about how much they want a Coppa Italia... here's your chance:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/5137009055.html

Not even 3,000 miles, heaps of tasteful upgrades. $10,000.

Another one of those crazy owners of low mile special edition bikes that goes balls out on the mods! :oldgit:  :grin:  hehehe (JUST KIDDING SCUD BUDDY!)