V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

looks like the helmet lock might be undamaged.

I can confirm that the helmet lock is in excellent condition.

I just got the bike for parts.

Is that code for another complete and meticulous restoration? :whistle:

Not this time, the poor lass is definitely an organ donor.  Although it would have been nice to have this on-hand while I was sorting out the 03 LeMans. Would have easily saved me $400 in switches, hardware, and other small bits.

I think those are "the usual suspects." Funny that of 600 Rosso Mandellos, 700 Scuras (not aware of an early/late Scura distinction), and fewer than 200 Tennis you mostly hear about problems with the Scuras. BTW - are these three also the only bikes that came with limited edition number plates on the triple clamps? 

I read somewhere that someone thought the single plate was a good design, but that there may have been a bad batch of flywheels (which cast doubt on the whole concept). OR maybe Scuristi are just more abusive. 

Whatever the case, the prevailing wisdom seems to be that replacing the flywheel/clutch is good insurance against a potentially catastrophic failure. So... grab yourself a parts bike to go with your number plate.  :grin:

. . . OR maybe Scuristi are just more abusive. 

Ok, so, you said that, not me . . . :ninja:

"Early Scura": 2002

"Late Scura" : 2005 Scura R (all known examples have had 2004 VIN) - perhaps the most rare V11?

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that there's an x-Ray process that can tell you if your aluminum flywheel has micro cracks or not. Guzziology maybe?

True though you mostly hear about Scuristi grenading there flywheel.

Perhaps you are referring to magnafluxing.

For aluminum you obviously can't use the traditional magnetic version of the process, but from what I understand they have a dye based version that works on aluminum.

You do have to remove the flywheel to test it.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this daft dream last night about that Rosso Corsa in Seattle.

I'd left the house drove the 3 days to Seattle. Bought the bike & rode it the 3 days back. Wife hadn't noticed I'd not been home for 6 days ! But quickly realised there were 2 red Guzzi's in the garage!

Ha ! That's not going to happen !

• Like 2