V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

The post above by k99 for the cafe sport seems like a good deal to me, I wonder why it hasn't sold.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5336790803.html

It hasn't sold because I can't fit it in the garage... or otherwise justify it. That appears to a fine motorcycle for a reasonable price.

David - do you want me to ride it to Indiana for you?

There's no such thing as a guzzi too far away, think about the fun you will have bringing it home.

Kiwi_Roy - Have tent, will travel.

Sent from my shoe phone!

• Like 2

Kiwi_Roy - Have tent, will travel.

...looking at shipping options. Maybe?

It's only 2,000 miles to ride it home. Or..... I'm sure KiwiRoy's tent would look good on that Cafe Sport.

Here's a Tenni in the San Diego area, just posted a day ago.  Approximately 31k miles.  

It's well loved, but not too bad.  Someone fitted a nice Penske rear shock.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/5229612499.html

Selling my V11 Tenni #128. Its a beautiful bike and also pretty rare. There was only a total of 170 Tennis manufacured. asking $4200.Test rides only for those with cash in hand and a valid M licence. Call, text or email with questions or to set up an appointment to come check out the bike.

Cheers,

Chris

Phone from CL ad:  6199924497

attachicon.gif00000_iFpsr803D4x_600x450.jpgattachicon.gif00H0H_3oiqkyiUzjE_600x450.jpgattachicon.gif00k0k_46A9cCA0bzC_600x450.jpgattachicon.gif00u0u_25o6hw74pto_600x450.jpgattachicon.gif00Y0Y_j8aBcys52uf_600x450.jpgattachicon.gif01212_9LS6Oyp0dnD_600x450.jpg

That's my old Tenni.  Changed hands a few times since I traded it off, and actually went and looked at it.  It's been exposed to weather and sun since it left my garage, but certainly not too bad.  It's still for sale in the S.D. craigslist. 

Hmm, what do you think about this one guys?

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Newport-Italian-2984478/listing/2003-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-116649111

I don't even know where to start.

I like the "great value" tag they chose to add.

279 miles!? Looks like it is a 2002 sold as a 2003. Comes complete with fuzzy engine paint. What would you even begin to think of on pricing...$6000.00 tops? Just because it is a "new" V11. Granted I paid $5.5K this summer for a 2003 V11 LeMans with 3,000 miles but it also came with a new in the box (unmounted) Ti Kit and some carbon fiber bits. Plus it was a true 2003 with new style satin paint but then I do have the infamous ITI speedo that will fail sometime.

I'm just amazed that there are examples of V11's out there with so little miles on them. 

I would, otherwise, be suspicious of such low miles thinking the odometer might have packed it in.

But look at that pristine alternator cover!

It seems they are asking a big premium for the low mileage, but this is not one of the premium models with Ohlins suspension. Those look like the original tires (the same as I got on my super low mileage Scura). If you're interested in that bike the date codes on the tires can provide additional evidence for low mileage.

"trust and verify" as with any vehicle. Just from the pics though, to me it looks fantastic. I have never seen that color. Should be fairly easy to tell if actual miles when viewed in person.

Price-wise? I'll be the devils advocate for a moment. 1. it's a dealership. All dealers mark stuff way up because.. a. they might get it, and.. b. They know people want a discount, and the higher the asking, the bigger the discount. We know they don't have nearly that in it, so it can be had for a lot less. The longer it sits... you know the rest.

On a personal note, there's more to it than that. There's a thing called passion that figures in for me. That bike "appears" to be in great, unused condition, and if I were wanting a sport, that price wouldn't put me off. Truthfully, passion plays the largest part in my relationship with MG. Frankly, they aren't the most modern, most nimble, fastest, highest quality, best engineered/assembled, dealer/aftermarket supported, best investment marque/model in the world. But, they are the most unique. And highly endearing. I see those things as attributes. When I first saw my bike on the showroom floor, I didn't know they (sport/LM) existed. I was gobsmacked. I didn't care about ANY specs or reviews. I knew instantly how it would make me feel, and I was right. I'm a lucky owner. I know not everybody feels like that, judging from some of the give-away prices I've seen. Don't get me wrong. I am as much a cheap azz as any Guzzisti, but will admit also to listening to the well honed voice inside reminding me that the price of iron or the ROI isn't what makes me happy.

I know... tmi.... sorry bout that. Just injecting some theory into valuation.

Would I pay 9k for it? doubt it. Is it worth it? maybe. I'd give the owner the respect of looking at it in person first.

Ultimately, the value of anything is set at the point of sale, and then once again becomes open to negotiation.

That dealership is where I found my V11. It was a consignment sale so the dealership in my case was the middle-man. FWIW, they were responsive/helpful in the process of straightening out the paperwork, coordinating with the carrier I had contracted with to ship the bike, etc.

Still seems kinda pricey even given the low miles.