V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

Good find but at that price I would be looking at a Guzzi with another fifteen years of development.

Good find but at that price I would be looking at a Guzzi with another fifteen years of development.

Yeah - at that price, it's a collector's bike, not a rider's bike. I looked at some close-ups - it seems to have a lot of light surface corrosion (which might clean up). Then you've got all the old fluids and tires to deal with... but if it's just gonna sit in the living room next to the grand piano I guess none of that matters.

I thought that's what we are here for!  ;)

The new owner will learn a lot here. Even to clean up for a living room, that bike will need some attention. Hopefully, he/she will be a rider, find V11 LM.com, and become a "valued member of the team" (that be a joke around my work) 

"found" at Sonny Angel Cycle shop mad me think 'Sonny Barger - Hells Angel' affiliation ... nope, it's this interesting guy- cool story.

http://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/sonny-angel-moto-guzzi-calls-it-quits-hes-earned-it.8251/

Anyone have an experience with this shop/guy?

Not that Mr Barger is uninteresting. His book is a cool read, even with the omission of all the crap he obviously can't say.

anyway... good luck to the new owner. 8k is not a horrible price for a 'new' bike. The Tenni listed for 13990. as I recall, I paid 11,875. after it sat for almost a year at Harpers.

The new owner will learn a lot here. Even to clean up for a living room, that bike will need some attention. Hopefully, he/she will be a rider, find V11 LM.com, and become a "valued member of the team" (that be a joke around my work) 

"found" at Sonny Angel Cycle shop mad me think 'Sonny Barger - Hells Angel' affiliation ... nope, it's this interesting guy- cool story.

http://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/sonny-angel-moto-guzzi-calls-it-quits-hes-earned-it.8251/

Anyone have an experience with this shop/guy?

Not that Mr Barger is uninteresting. His book is a cool read, even with the omission of all the crap he obviously can't say.

anyway... good luck to the new owner. 8k is not a horrible price for a 'new' bike. The Tenni listed for 13990. as I recall, I paid 11,875. after it sat for almost a year at Harpers.

Seems I paid $11,997US for my Sport.

Right now, that comes in at just under 12¢ a mile! :mg:

I understand that Bert Munro used to camp in Sonny Angel's back yard back in the day. Third hand story, so I can't say for sure that it's true. At any rate, he's a genuine Guzzi Guy, and a character of course. :thumbsup:  Mark at MGClassics was in the midst of buying much of Sonny's inventory when I was out there last Christmas. I haven't talked to Mark since the crash..  :( Josh is trying to keep the shop open. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...