Syncing the carbs...

:luigi:                                             :luigi:

:luigi:                               :luigi:

:luigi:                 :luigi:

:luigi:    :luigi:

:mg:

• Like 2

Oi, that Scura!

Ohlins, Titanium Kit Racing exhaust... those are plusses.

But why the repaint, bar end mirrors, and new exhaust? Has it been down? A broken rear brake pedal says "yes." Odd that a dealer would offer a bike with a broken brake pedal. Proceed with ultra-caution on that Scura - and budget a clutch replacement.

The two different colored clock needles tells me the 10k mile claim might be false. On the positive I think I can make out a "sloper line".

Either way pretty sure I'll be homeless if another bike follows me home...

• Like 1

Yes on the Roper plate & I second the motion on the needles . It does look too good.  

Offering a bike with any broken levers or pedals is not the best  way to sell something . I would talk to all the previous owners. 

p.s. it does look good !

I talked to the dealer about the Scura almost two weeks ago, they don't have much on it.  They also tried to tell the bike was perfect and had never been on its side which it most likely had been with the broken pedal and the scrape on the rocker cover guard.  

They didn't seem too interested in making a deal and tried to tack on an additional $750 in dealer fees such as a $300 "safety check"

The Ti exhaust was tempting, but if you look closely at the pics it looks like a lot of fasteners and even the gauge rings have a lot of corrosion.  Carbon fiber is very faded as well.

They also refused to send any high resolution pics.

I would say proceed with caution on this one.  

Anyone here get Scura #272 yesterday? I was so close to buying that, but the logistics were killing me since it was 13 hrs away. Looked like a really nice bike.

Where was 272 for sale (ebay, craigslis)?  I completely missed it.  

Ebay and Craigslist in Colorado Springs. I'm really kicking myself for not being a bit more on the ball. If I lived closer, it would be MINE. Oh well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Moto-Guzzi-Scura-/222673056254?hash=item33d85931fe%3Ag%3AqlAAAOSwQJFZznUm&autorefresh=true&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=moZJ6o%252BilSVWM3djtxGxeLVD29o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ebay and Craigslist in Colorado Springs. I'm really kicking myself for not being a bit more on the ball. If I lived closer, it would be MINE. Oh well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Moto-Guzzi-Scura-/222673056254?hash=item33d85931fe%3Ag%3AqlAAAOSwQJFZznUm&autorefresh=true&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=moZJ6o%252BilSVWM3djtxGxeLVD29o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I spoke with the owner Bob, he sent some pics and the bike was in very nice condition.  Seemed like he will miss it.

I talked to the dealer about the Scura almost two weeks ago, they don't have much on it.  They also tried to tell the bike was perfect and had never been on its side which it most likely had been with the broken pedal and the scrape on the rocker cover guard.  

They didn't seem too interested in making a deal and tried to tack on an additional $750 in dealer fees such as a $300 "safety check"

The Ti exhaust was tempting, but if you look closely at the pics it looks like a lot of fasteners and even the gauge rings have a lot of corrosion.  Carbon fiber is very faded as well.

They also refused to send any high resolution pics.

I would say proceed with caution on this one.  

I would let this one go & let this ripen on the vine through the winter . If you want it then see what the price is /does ?