V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

It got me thinking about a color change. Researching the vin breakdown, every number or letter is accounted for except the 9th.

KR is the model (Sport?)  and AKR is the variant (LM?)

The 9th is described as undefined, or free. It has a range of 0 to 9. Anyone have any idea what that is for? None of the rest are reserved for color. The vin on both my bikes are the same but for the 9th (the LM is a 4 and the Tenni is a 6) and the last five (serial) 

I would assume one could paint a red one champaign, change it on the title, and no one would be the wiser. A Tenni would be harder to fake but not impossible.

• 1 month later...

New member is looking for a V11. Did you guys buy them all up?

Docc, were you peering over at Scud when you asked that?  I think he is starting a collection of them so he will have a never ending supply of spare parts. 

New member is looking for a V11. Did you guys buy them all up?

Docc, were you peering over at Scud when you asked that?  I think he is starting a collection of them so he will have a never ending supply of spare parts. 

I have no idea what you're talking about... But as the saying goes, if the shoe fits...

Here's a low-mile red and grey LeMans:  http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/mcy/5845706502.html

Where is "new member" located?

Try searching all of craigslist:  http://www.searchcraigslist.org/

Wow that '02 LeMans out in Los Angeles is a beauty.  And this is a great time of the year for a Fly and Ride from LA to Tx.  Hope it goes to a good home.

Wow that '02 LeMans out in Los Angeles is a beauty.

Yeah - and you have to see that particular red in person to really appreciate it. The ask price seems reasonable. I saw a two LeMans sell on eBay recently for just over $3,000. They probably were not as nice at that Red/Grey. But keep in mind that a 2002 model with 8,000 miles is probably about ready to shed it's crinkle paint... starting with the engine.

BTW - The ad says it's in Laughlin (border of CA, AZ, and NV) - although it was on Los Angeles Craigslist. So that cuts several hours off the ride back to TX.

My '02 LM just turned over 7K while I was on my failed iceberg run this past weekend so Im not in any rush to start looking for a replacement.  Now Czakky on the other hand......and the one in LA is a twin to his current ride!  He would have alllllllll kinds of inter-changeable parts!!!! :-D