V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

That poor thing makes my "totaled" Tenni look concourse ready. I hope the rider fared better than the bike.

Well, your Tenni does appear very restorable (and perfect on the RH side). As you mentioned elsewhere, it had a rear wheel lockup - likely do to a problem in the transmission - and now she's on eBay. Just a few hours remaining on the auction. I've been seriously thinking about getting it, since I have parts on hand to repair almost all damage (including a low-mile transmission), but I just can't see having three V11s (even addictions have limits) and I don't want to sell either of the ones I have.

So..... if somebody here is looking for a Tenni to keep, know that I have a complete 2002 tranny readily available (minus twin-plate conversion parts).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Le-Mans-Tenni-/371469200244

Just watched the end of the auction on eBay. The bike went for a last-second bid of $3,101. That's $201 MORE than the asking price at the dealer's website.  Anybody could have bought it for $2,900 last week.  Interesting...

Taking -- code for trailering  :huh2: -- my Griso to Rose Farm Classics so that Jim Barron can "rollerize" it. 

In the course of coordinating that, Jim suggested that I could avoid having to tow an empty trailer 800 miles back to Virginia by buying this at a nearby beemer dealer:

http://cyclewerks.intelisrv.com/?page_id=9&id=1037

Hmmmmm.  Kathi is out of town and I really do miss my Ballabio, and even with winter coming on, my Griso will be hors de combat for quite awhile, and ...   :D

Anyway, though I cannot afford this in all $ort$ of ways just now, looks to be a fine buy.  Low miles and Jim knows its history.  

Bill

Taking -- code for trailering   :huh2: -- my Griso to Rose Farm Classics so that Jim Barron can "rollerize" it. 

In the course of coordinating that, Jim suggested that I could avoid having to tow an empty trailer 800 miles back to Virginia by buying this at a nearby beemer dealer:

http://cyclewerks.in...ge_id=9&id=1037

Hmmmmm.  Kathi is out of town and I really do miss my Ballabio, and even with winter coming on, my Griso will be hors de combat for quite awhile, and ...    :D

Anyway, though I cannot afford this in all $ort$ of ways just now, looks to be a fine buy.  Low miles and Jim knows its history.  

Bill

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but that bike is already sold...  to me!  After a long search I'm finally joining the V11 club.  I'm a little curious on its history if you know anything about it.  I did a VIN check and the dealer had some details but not everything.  I'll post pics and give updates once it comes in.  

-Keith

• Like 1

Taking -- code for trailering   :huh2: -- my Griso to Rose Farm Classics so that Jim Barron can "rollerize" it. 

http://cyclewerks.in...ge_id=9&id=1037

Hmmmmm.  Kathi is out of town and I really do miss my Ballabio, and even with winter coming on, my Griso will be hors de combat for quite awhile, and ...    :D

Bill

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but that bike is already sold...  to me!  After a long search I'm finally joining the V11 club.  I'm a little curious on its history if you know anything about it.  I did a VIN check and the dealer had some details but not everything.  I'll post pics and give updates once it comes in.  

-Keith

Congrats ... darn it.   :P:

Call Jim at Rose Farm Classics in Woodstock.  He knows the bike and its past. Good stuff, as I recall.

RFC is also where I recommend you have any work done that is out of your reach.  That I am driving 800 miles tomorrow to have Jim do the roller-for-flat tappets swap should demonstrate how much confidence I have in him.   :thumbsup:  :notworthy:

Heck ride or drive over on Tuesday and say howdy.  :mg:

Best wishes for miles of smiles.

Bill

i-K5ZtRWV-L.jpg

-Keith

Great post. You gotta move fast when you find what you want. Nicely done. What part of California are you in? 

-Keith

Great post. You gotta move fast when you find what you want. Nicely done. What part of California are you in? 

Doh.  Missed the California part.  Guess I won't see him at Rose Farm Classics.   :homer:

Still, Keith, do call Jim for the background on your machine.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

So I feel a little bad about snagging the last good deal on a Cafe Sport.  How about I make up for it by posting the next deal?  I don't have any information on this bike other than the ad, but if you are in the market for one maybe this helps.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2004-Moto-Guzzi-Other-116397333

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5336790803.html

-Keith