7 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

The season is about to start, and MotoGP is in talks to switch broadcast partners for the US. Shouldn't this have been done long before now?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1045052/1/motogp-advanced-talks-change-its-us-tv-broadcaster

I always watched MotoGP on European TVs, such as Servus TV or others who broadcast either with their own commentary, or using those from MotoGP.

But I have stopped. Now I only tune in to those to discuss the races.

n the US, you can watch every MotoGP event live on NBC Sports. If you’re subscribed to YouTube TV,  DirecTV Stream, Sling TV, fuboTV, or Hulu Live TV, you will be able to stream the races.

@GuzziMoto

If you get a VPN service, you do not need to limit yourself to what is offered in the USA.

https://www.servustv.com/sport/b/motogp-world-championship/aa-1qg6dqwd91w11/

Servus TV is in German, but only for the races. All the practices are the direct comments from MotoGP.

They also have the races in playback, if you cannot livestream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like all the MotoGP elements, FP, Qualifying, Races will be shown streaming on Max, the BR (Bleacher Report) sports segment. Right now BR is free, if you have Max, but it may be additional $ in the future.  TrueTV, which is part of TNT also shows sprint races and the Sunday show.  YaY!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, droydx said:

Looks like all the MotoGP elements, FP, Qualifying, Races will be shown streaming on Max, the BR (Bleacher Report) sports segment. Right now BR is free, if you have Max, but it may be additional $ in the future.  TrueTV, which is part of TNT also shows sprint races and the Sunday show.  YaY!

OK, I finally figured out MAX and have all those added to my favorites.  Great stuff.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, audiomick said:

Based in Austria, and owned by Red Bull. In case anyone is interested. :)

I knew that... probably the reason why many sports are broadcasted for free... as long as you set yourself in Austria or maybe in Germany too? I watch the ski competitions too.

However, Dorna has been policing the free broadcasters. I had to upgrade my VPN service to obtain my own IP address in Austria. Servus TV changed their protocol so a standard VPN, meaning many users using the same IP gets detected and you are denied the transmission.

In any case, it is still cheaper than the 140 Euros Dorna is asking for the full seaon. My subscription was USD 41 dollars, without a dedicated IP and 52 with one for Austria.

I've got Servus TV on the Astra Satellite that provides our TV reception. I think it is the same program as in Austria, but don't know for sure. I don't watch it much. Too much sport... :whistle:

39 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I've got Servus TV on the Astra Satellite that provides our TV reception. I think it is the same program as in Austria, but don't know for sure. I don't watch it much. Too much sport... :whistle:

I only used to watch them for MotoGP; they put effort in providing thorough coverage on race day, with two journalists covering the event on site, including interviews.

Following the first free practice, which in itself does not reveal much, but may be construed as a reinforcement of what we suspected.

Jorge Martin is top; Alex Espargaro 2nd, and no surprise, Pedro Acosta 3rd.

Marc Marquez is 4th, and did pretty well throughout the session.

Surprisingly, Johann Zarco is the 1st Honda with the LCR team; 6th, three tens behind Jorge Martin.

Franco Morbidelli has been at the rear end of the pack, no surprise.

As for the world champion, he did too, navigate at the bottom of the roster, whatever that means. Fabio Quartararo seemed to have a real hard time too.

Regarding Servus TV: I can't verify it, but I just read on the german forum that Servus TV has sold the Moto GP and Superbike rights to Sky. :huh2:

Edit: I just found this article (in German) on the subject. Servus TV and DF1 have apparently established a co-operation and will be broadcasting some stuff, and streaming some stuff.

https://www.digitalfernsehen.de/news/medien-news/maerkte/motogp-doch-im-free-tv-rechte-deal-df1-servustv-1110945/

If anyone wants to translate it, I recommend DeepL.com B)

https://www.deepl.com/translator

On 3/11/2024 at 10:37 AM, LaGrasta said:

…ahhh, my man #33BB!

Soon (2025) to be paired with Pedro Acosta....

Portimao will be the reveal of what Pedro is capable of; if I am correct, this is a track where he aced it in the previous categories.

Now, we can't judge Losail, since they did some testing there, so he had time to fine tune everything; (so did Marquez by the way).

That being said, there is not much that has changed from 2023 with regard to Ducati Bagnaia and Martin. They have resumed where they let off.

• Like 1

I thought this "behind the scene" video from the Honda HRC would be interesting to those of us that follow the MotoGP;