Is Marc Marquez going to make his first podium at Portimao this week-end?

He seems to be going pretty well, on his second GP.

If it does not get on top, he will not be far.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, p6x said:

Is Marc Marquez going to make his first podium at Portimao this week-end?

He did! second!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Ahhh, first loser then. :grin:

One way to look at it;

Jorge Martin is the second loser; said that he suffered a lot from chattering and vibrations, something he has been complaining a lot from the get-go...

MM93 is fourth in the championship, minus 10. Looking at the Honda disaster, he can only be happy about his move.

• Like 2

Jorge Martin has shown the field:

-"de quel bois il se chauffe"; which literal translation reads: "he has shown the kind of wood he uses to get warm".

English translation is:

-"what he is made of"

• Like 1

What a race. This track is so good. It makes me think that Barber would be a great venue. I actually feel bad for Mav and Marc.

We figured that Marquez would be a net negative on the entire Ducati GP effort. Even though I think Peco was at fault (it was a racing incident IMO, not intentional), I think the fireworks are just starting. Let's not forget Martin, who's itching for a factory ride.

The announcer said that Acosta thought the GP riders were too buddy-buddy and the sport needed rivalries. Well, here we go.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LowRyter said:
The announcer said that Acosta thought the GP riders were too buddy-buddy and the sport needed rivalries. ...

I actually have no idea how well the riders get on with each other, but I can't agree with that opinion. Friendship definitely does not exclude intense rivalry. Just go for a ride with a couple of good mates on a good bit of road, and observe what happens. ;)

Rivalry without a friendly basis, or at least mutual respect, only leads to nasty incidents on the field of competition. :huh2:

EDIT: I just looked him up. The bloke is not even 20 years old, and Spanish. He's probably still half-drunk on his own testosterone. :grin:

Anuvveredit: apart from that, those blokes are doing somethng that nobody else can even remotely fully understand, except for other people who are doing the same thing. Of course they buddy up to each other. :)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, audiomick said:

I actually have no idea how well the riders get on with each other, but I can't agree with that opinion.

I read that the Marquez brothers were training together all the time, and were very close during race days. I have known brothers that weren't very friendly, so maybe the exception that confirms the rule.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LowRyter said:

We figured that Marquez would be a net negative on the entire Ducati GP effort. Even though I think Peco was at fault (it was a racing incident IMO, not intentional), I think the fireworks are just starting. Let's not forget Martin, who's itching for a factory ride.

Claudio Dominicalli, administratore delegato of Ducati said the following:

I understand both pilot's narrative, but I can't justify them, because it has impacted Ducati negatively.

Obviously, both Bagnaia and Marquez are saying they did not do anything wrong.

To me, Bagnaia should have let it go. The question I am asking myself is, was it because it was Marquez? pride? was it because Bagnaia messed up yesterday during the sprint race?

2 hours ago, audiomick said:

I actually have no idea how well the riders get on with each other, but I can't agree with that opinion. Friendship definitely does not exclude intense rivalry. Just go for a ride with a couple of good mates on a good bit of road, and observe what happens. ;)

Rivalry without a friendly basis, or at least mutual respect, only leads to nasty incidents on the field of competition. :huh2:

EDIT: I just looked him up. The bloke is not even 20 years old, and Spanish. He's probably still half-drunk on his own testosterone. :grin:

Anuvveredit: apart from that, those blokes are doing somethng that nobody else can even remotely fully understand, except for other people who are doing the same thing. Of course they buddy up to each other. :)

Yeah..195-200mph down the straights and then knee to knee into the corner....I agree..We can't imagine...thats 60 miles per hour faster than I have ever ridden a bike, and that was for 5 minutes here and there on the straights..not for an hour on..straights/corners and drop off hills with a bloke on my ass.

• Like 2

FINALLY!  An exciting race to watch again...that was entertaining.  Let's hope Acosta doesn't burn up too fast in his exhuberance and is around for sometime to come.  I'm dismayed at how poorly former super star Quartararo is doing these days.  Great to see Marc contending again, and the track...a BEAUTY!   Time to watch some replays and post race interviews in a few hours!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

I'm dismayed at how poorly former super star Quartararo is doing these days.

He is too.

I watched a debrief of the GP on YouTube, and according to the French journalist, Fabio Quartararo is set to leave Yamaha.

The obvious target is Aprilia. I don't think any of the other factory teams have a need for his services, they are ripe with their own bred talent.

Would he accept to go to a private team, such as Tech3 GasGas is given the opportunity? I don't think there is any doubt that Pedro Acosta will integrate the factory team in 2025, there is also the possibility of an Augusto Fernandez exit.

The situation is complicated for Fabio, with not many options. Personally, I think he should stick with Yamaha hoping for better days. But he does not want to wait.

• Haha 1

I would love to see FQ at Aprilia. While Mav has great races occasionally, they need someone who can compete for a championship. That said, it was a great pair of races for Mav, a real shame the bike failed him in the second race. Seems the trans was having issues most of the race, and finally packed it in at the end.

As to Marc and Pecco, to me the deciding question is what would Marc have done if Pecco slide it up the inside into that turn and then ran wide. I am pretty sure Marc would have re-passed him up the inside the moment Pecco slide wide. That is what Marc would have done, that is what any racer out there would have done. The same basic pass / re-pass happened between other racers in that very race. It was to be expected, unless you can close that door before the other guy can slide it through the door, you have to have expected that. For Marc to pull back down onto the racing line when someone else was already there and fully alongside him was what caused the accident. That said, I would call it a racing incident. But Ducati had to know that putting Marc on a Ducati was going to mean more Ducati's would fail to finish. It was to be expected. Marc has never shown respect for other racers. He isn't going to start now. I suspect that was part of what Ducati was worried about and why they did not seem keen on Marc joining the Ducati fold.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

I would love to see FQ at Aprilia. While Mav has great races occasionally, they need someone who can compete for a championship. That said, it was a great pair of races for Mav, a real shame the bike failed him in the second race. Seems the trans was having issues most of the race, and finally packed it in at the end.

As to Marc and Pecco, to me the deciding question is what would Marc have done if Pecco slide it up the inside into that turn and then ran wide. I am pretty sure Marc would have re-passed him up the inside the moment Pecco slide wide. That is what Marc would have done, that is what any racer out there would have done. The same basic pass / re-pass happened between other racers in that very race. It was to be expected, unless you can close that door before the other guy can slide it through the door, you have to have expected that. For Marc to pull back down onto the racing line when someone else was already there and fully alongside him was what caused the accident. That said, I would call it a racing incident. But Ducati had to know that putting Marc on a Ducati was going to mean more Ducati's would fail to finish. It was to be expected. Marc has never shown respect for other racers. He isn't going to start now. I suspect that was part of what Ducati was worried about and why they did not seem keen on Marc joining the Ducati fold.

FLASHBACK to Vale and MM...Wherever MM goes..trouble follows..its his style.

I could see this coming and it will happen again..unfortunately.

• Like 1