A couple pics from my recent roadtrip across the country. Even had dinner with some Guzzi guy... It was the entire month of June and I covered 9k miles.

MQg0MYX.jpgN5DPOEc.jpgUmZMPh2.jpgRJTxnYb.jpgsjt70gj.jpgWyWJZ0J.jpgbayDAVT.jpgBeaPNQH.jpg

• Like 10

We did 7500 miles cross country one summer. Oregon to Virginia, DC, NJ and NY, then back. Saw so many places that would be so hard to see by flying. It was such a fantastic trip, as yours probably was!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, activpop said:

We did 7500 miles cross country one summer. Oregon to Virginia, DC, NJ and NY, then back. Saw so many places that would be so hard to see by flying. It was such a fantastic trip, as yours probably was!

If you can't tell by some pictures with no captions... yes it was an awesome trip. :)

• Like 3
12 hours ago, footgoose said:

Well played adventure Dave. And a really nice rig.

It was flawless. Went anywhere I wanted. I also waited almost 3 years to get it but it was worth the wait.

• Like 3

Roadtrip US 1982. 16000km, 3300liter of fuel. Brooklyn- Florida- S Frisco- Mexican border- Florida- NY. YES it was hot in Death Valley. 67 Catalina, NO AC.
Cheers Tom. ba781c04d4befdf081ca9cf7af50590f.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 6
12 hours ago, swooshdave said:

It was flawless. Went anywhere I wanted. I also waited almost 3 years to get it but it was worth the wait.

Is the roof kit a Ford accessory or other?

I see the Cinnamon Pass sign. Did you get into Ouray?

On 8/10/2023 at 10:37 PM, footgoose said:

Is the roof kit a Ford accessory or other?

I see the Cinnamon Pass sign. Did you get into Ouray?

Roof rack from Hooke. Rooftop tent from Inspired Overland.

Went to Silverton to get up to Cinnamon Pass. Couldn’t take the full Alpine Loop as Engineer Pass was still closed. Cinnamon had just been opened a week or so before we got there. You can see how deep the snow was here. To the top of the tent is 7.5ft  

I want to go to Ouray but next time.

qIINndJ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 8/12/2023 at 10:57 PM, swooshdave said:

. You can see how deep the snow was here.

I've had that, but on nicely asphalted roads.

I had a job for a concert from Jose Carreras in a tennis hall in Lech am Alberg. Probably this building, I reckon.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/121005999#map=17/47.21394/10.14905

We went up there in a 7.5 tonne truck (due to license and insurance parameters a common size here. It used to be the biggest vehicle you could drive with a standard car license...). That means the side window is about 2 metres above the ground. We drove in to the village, no problems, all the roads cleared and everything, but we were looking out the side windows level with the top of the snow next to the road.

I was amazed. Up to that point, the deepest snow I had ever seen was about 2 feet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 2:32 PM, audiomick said:

I've had that, but on nicely asphalted roads.

I had a job for a concert from Jose Carreras in a tennis hall in Lech am Alberg. Probably this building, I reckon.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/121005999#map=17/47.21394/10.14905

We went up there in a 7.5 tonne truck (due to license and insurance parameters a common size here. It used to be the biggest vehicle you could drive with a standard car license...). That means the side window is about 2 metres above the ground. We drove in to the village, no problems, all the roads cleared and everything, but we were looking out the side windows level with the top of the snow next to the road.

I was amazed. Up to that point, the deepest snow I had ever seen was about 2 feet.

People don't really fathom how much snow there can be at the higher elevations. Mountain snow is typically measured in feet, not inches.

• Like 1