1989 LeMans Offered

Scud

IMG_1427.jpeg

9B5E9692-8EA3-492C-8D7D-822585E36478_1_1

50,000 miles, mostly original with "patina" aka normal wear for a properly used survivor. I bought this a few years ago from a Wild Guzzi member. Totally enjoy the bike, but just making difficult decisions as another dirt bike is on the way.

Here are the most interesting modifications:

1. Electronic ignition
  2. Full Zard exhaust
  3. Caruso timing gears
  4. Upgraded forks and shocks (but older upgrades)

A partial list of spare parts:

1. Full exhaust (I think staintune) with a two dents
  2. Original black silencers (which I think are highly collectible and virtually unobtainable)
  3. Lots of original bits and spares

What it needs:

1. It's due for a full service (all fluids and valve check, etc.)
  2. Some attention to the starting circuit (it has never failed to start, but sometimes takes a few dead-clicks before it cranks. FYI, I have a remote start button that was previously on the this bike and I assume can be easily refitted).
  3. There are some rattly bits such as turn signals and unorthodox fairing mounts that could use some love.

Pricing:

This is a hard bike to value. Somebody (I forgot who) claimed there were only about 75 made in this color scheme - but all Guzzis are rare, right? 

As of now, I am thinking in the 5,000-6,000 (USD) range with the high-end including all the extra parts. Happy to discuss the bike at length, and with full disclosure to anyone who is serious about it.

• Like 2

Chuck - you've ridden with this bike out of Lake Henshaw.

Pete - I bet you could hate it more if it had been chopped into a cafe racer. 

And just thinking... also in with the spare parts, there is:

1. a very nice condition instrument cover (a big rubber pod),
  2. the original belly pan (but no bracket, else I would have it on the bike already)
  3. an original seat cover (worn, but could be used to get a copy made).  It has the with funky 80's LeMans script like in the magazine ad. But seriously, what is that font called? Marshmallow Italic?

And to anyone who feel like this bike would be a restoration candidate: there is a fair bit of wear on the paint from 50K miles, including some rub-throughs. But I know where a set of NOS bodywork is - in that same paint scheme. I had briefly contemplated a full restoration of this bike.

• Like 2

So far, this site is the extent of my "marketing."  I never used BaT before, but have definitely lurked a bit. I'd probably need to give a couple days labor to freshen it up and hopefully fix that startus interruptus first. I do like the bike... but if I do that, I'd probably want to enjoy it for another season or two.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Scud said:

So far, this site is the extent of my "marketing."  I never used BaT before, but have definitely lurked a bit. I'd probably need to give a couple days labor to freshen it up and hopefully fix that startus interruptus first. I do like the bike... but if I do that, I'd probably want to enjoy it for another season or two.

I am certain I am not the only one to write up an ad to sell something of my own and think, "Wow, this piece looks great, I should own this! And [he is] practically giving it away  . . . "

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't offer any worthwhile advice; I'm great at buying bikes,but I haven't mastered the art of selling them :grin:

It might eliminate some of the deep pocket potential buyers,but I'd have a hard time letting a bike go on BAT.

I don't know that much about the Lemans V model;

Being probably the most capable of all the Tonti frames;it should be a very special bike to the right person.

Glwts

:rasta: 

• Like 1