V7 website

nobleswood

A friend & relatively new rider, recently stepped up to a Moto Guzzi V7. They asked me if there was a website I could recommend.

This lead me to wondering,  I spend time on 2 model specific sites, the V11 Sport & Griso, where members ask questions about the V7.

But is there a V7 specific site ?

Almost certainly, but there is a V7 thread on ADV that is active and useful.

While I'm hoping to be riding my Grisos and Mana for a few more years my body is telling me those days are numbered and for that reason I'm looking at a V7 for down the track. Only a V7-II. Last of the Herron head motors, six speed gearbox and the Stone model has cast wheels. Sure the suspension is crap and the brakes only *Adequate* but by the time I'm riding it that will be all I need. When it gets too much I'll get a Vespa! Love me some Vespa!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I heard somewhere that there was active V7 Club racing in Italy but have never been able to find much about that. So from that I’d assumed there was a V7 enthusiasts page somewhere.

I’ll pass that on . Cheers

Thanks all.

Considering the popularity of the V7, I’m surprised there isn’t a dedicated website. A place where you can look up past threads & learn more about your machine. I never found FB to be very useful in that way.

8 minutes ago, nobleswood said:

Thanks all.

Considering the popularity of the V7, I’m surprised there isn’t a dedicated website. A place where you can look up past threads & learn more about your machine. I never found FB to be very useful in that way.

Reminds me how fortunate, indeed, we V11ers are!  :race: :mg: :nl:

Thanks to :notworthy: @Admin Jaap ! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, nobleswood said:

Considering the popularity of the V7, I’m surprised there isn’t a dedicated website.

I think a forum is a bit old fashioned. You need old farts to keep one running.

In the context of the V7, the old farts that have them are already in established Guzzi forums and just continue there with the V7. The one I'm on in Germany has it's own subsection for the V7 models, and there is regular activity there.

The young folk that get a V7 go to facebook and what have you, or just stick with Moto Guzzi's Clan.

Forums are too "old school" for hipsters, although they take great pains to affect an old-school style.

I think I'm getting nasty and cynical in my old age.... :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Having owned a V7 since 2012, I hung out at WildGuzzi mostly. I tried Guzzitech as well, but a few know-it-alls repeatedly pissed me off. I still visit from time to time.

Todd, who runs GuzziTech is really the premiere Guzzi Guru. He's been at it a long time and has invested more time and money into them than any other private party I know.

13 hours ago, pete roper said:

Almost certainly, but there is a V7 thread on ADV that is active and useful.

While I'm hoping to be riding my Grisos and Mana for a few more years my body is telling me those days are numbered and for that reason I'm looking at a V7 for down the track. Only a V7-II. Last of the Herron head motors, six speed gearbox and the Stone model has cast wheels. Sure the suspension is crap and the brakes only *Adequate* but by the time I'm riding it that will be all I need. When it gets too much I'll get a Vespa! Love me some Vespa!

Get one of these Pete and stick some Guzzi decals on it mate.

DSC01444.JPG

I thought the 650 might look better with black guards so I bought a new pair from India. Original front and rear guard, brand new, with factory paint. Delivered to the door in under 10 days $60usd or $105 aud. A new fuel tank painted and delivered around $275US. You'de be crazy not to own one of these and save the mileage on the V11.

IMG_3288.JPG

I had a ride on my Son in laws bike the other day around the Yarra valley. Not a fan of the feet forward position. The engine was good but the rear suspension rubbish. Not enough rear wheel travel. It's something like 75mm I think. Not enough for our country roads. 

IMG_3303.JPG

• Like 1