2001 California EV - 4k$ - Red and beautiful - 25k miles - cycle trader -

p6x

"Belongs here?" Not really.

"Red and beautiful?" Certainly!

"V11EV" are not V11LeMans/Sport/SpineFrames  . . .

So very little in common, as it turns out.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, docc said:

Not even 6 speed transmissions to steal parts from...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, docc said:

A pox on you and other haters. :P

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/forum/37-older-models/

My '98 EV, with its 107K, was "Bike of the Month" here many years ago.

Mine sits just now on my lift in the Moto Grappa awaiting a major service, tho its only known "need" is to R&R injectors.

i-RzRbgbv-L.jpg

Bill

• Like 3

9 hours ago, docc said:

I thought we were a philosophical group, with a very large heart and arms ready to embrace.

Not a gang of Illuminati....

I will keep that California EV close to my own chest then....:unsure:

• Like 1

Philosophically, Docc should be allowed to express judgement when and where he sees fits. And isn't debate an essential element of philosophy? That is a rhetorical question, because rhetoric is also part of philosophy. So is belabored explanations of things...

Epistemologically, how do we know what belongs on the V11LeMans site, and various subsections thereof? This conversation is in the commercial ads area, correct? And we see other non-V11 (even non Moto Guzzi) things in the ads from time to time. Elsewhere, we have a thread on adventure bikes where I often extoll the virtues of a certain Husqvarna 701 Enduro.

Where is the line? What belongs here? There are a lot of spine frame V11 that do not bear the LeMans name, greenies, scuras, ballabios, et. al. (et. al. because they are persons, not things). There are other Spine Frames that don't get discussed here much. For the purist, it seems to me the most singularly defining characteristic would be the 6-speed gearbox fitted to this series of V11 Sports (some of which are also LeMans). I don't think that gearbox was used for any other model.

I hope the "Show us your Tonti's" thread still belongs. And forgive me, but aren't the EVs sporting Tonti Frames?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Scud said:

Philosophically, Docc should be allowed to express judgement when and where he sees fits. And isn't debate an essential element of philosophy? That is a rhetorical question, because rhetoric is also part of philosophy. So is belabored explanations of things...

I made no argument here. My answer was on a joking tone which is always difficult to express through pixels on a screen. Independently to where the initial post fits in the Forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, p6x said:

I made no argument here. My answer was on a joking tone which is always difficult to express through pixels on a screen. Independently to where the initial post fit in the Forum.

Nothing wrong with the original post. I took your joking tone and tried to reply in kind. I don't think my reply came back as funny as I meant it . . .  :blush:

At one time, there was some consensus that "Commercial Classifieds" are best focused on Moto Guzzi models, but that "Personal Classifieds" are for anything a member has to sell.

Where the non-Spine Frame V11 content gets confusing is in Technical Topics and 24/7 V11. Those subfora really are for SpineFrame V11 (LeMans and Sport variants). Otherwise, we have "Older Models" for the Tonti variants, even though "Older Designs" might be more correct.

That aside, let's part this EV out! :luigi:

The motor will bolt up to a 6speed in a spine frame, although it has different heads, smaller valves, and a gentler cam (different pistons/ compression ratio, as well?)

Aren't the white face Veglia instruments the same?

Not sure what else a SpineRaider could use off an EV . . .

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, docc said:

Another interesting spin on this philosophical debate.......:sun:

KaleV11's 2001 V11 sport blew the original motor because the oil pick up assembly was loose and starved the motor. The FBF high compression piston motor that the late Mike Wells had built for me (I'm the previous owner). Anyways, after many years broken in his garage, Kale bought an 04 hydraulic EV motor from a salvage company and installed. Its hooked up to the original transmission, power commander, everything. He has rode it since, although it seems to have a little less HP.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1