Moto Guzzi V85 2024 - New variations around their selling flagship! Italian but English subtitled.

p6x

https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/moto-guzzi-world/news-moto-guzzi/new-v85/

This is a complete V85 range, guaranteed to take the riding experience to the next level of enjoyment. Fine-tuned interventions such as the introduction of variable timing have improved torque at low speed and increased the maximum power of the new Euro 5+ twin-cylinder engine to 80 horsepower at 7750 rpm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

For 2024, Moto Guzzi introduces a new variable distribution on the 850, with new cylinder heads design;

Power goes from 76 hp @7500 rpm to 80 hp @7750 rpm and torque from 82 Newton.metre @5000 to 83 N.m @5100

A new entry too with the Moto Guzzi V85 Strada;

This model is aimed at those who will never venture off the asphalt. Non spoked wheels same dimensions though 19" front 17" rear, smaller windshield, 4 kg less than the V85 TT.

11,000 Euros and available in April 2024.

Also, for 2024, Moto Guzzi has revamped the dashboard and incorporated a six axis IMU.

I am starting to think that I should rather consider a V85 rather than chase this illusory Quota.

Here's an article you can consult: https://ridermagazine.com/2023/11/10/2024-moto-guzzi-v85-range-review-first-look/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, p6x said:

I am starting to think that I should rather consider a V85 rather than chase this illusory Quota.

Have you ridden either of these motorcycles? Seems they would be entirely different animals. Same, but different.

I rode mySport about six miles before committing. Of course, I already had my heart set. :sun:

Like seeing that girl across the room and still married to her all these years later . . .  :wub:

1 hour ago, docc said:

Have you ridden either of these motorcycles?

I have not; now ride testing a V85 will most likely be less challenging than tracking a Quota, or so it seems. I can easily go to AF1 in Austin and check out a V85TT in less than two shakes of the lamb's tail.

I have ridden "Trail bikes" before. Honda dominator, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki while I was in Sicily. My bike was an Harley Davidson at the time, but my colleagues liked to ride on the beaches.

I have been drawn to the Quota because of its oddity. I also like that the engine is very similar to our V11s. I had the opportunity to see a Quota up close and personal last year in Boise, and I liked it. If the seller had not tempered with the clutch and brake levers by removing the balled ends, I probably would have gone ahead and purchased it, despite not really liking the color.

44 minutes ago, p6x said:

I have been drawn to the Quota because of its oddity. I also like that the engine is very similar to our V11s. I had the opportunity to see a Quota up close and personal last year in Boise, and I liked it. If the seller had not tempered with the clutch and brake levers by removing the bowled ends, I probably would have gone ahead and purchased it, despite not really liking the color.

Brings one word to mind . . .

RED

2109747581_95c2d42051.jpg

• Like 1

It's worth remembering that the Quota was, and always will be, an orphan. It uses a whole load of stuff that is both weird and nowadays unobtanium to boot. The strange single throttlebody. The now impossible to buy TPS. The weird one model only gear ratios. Impossible to find bodywork. Crack prone wheel rims. Oddball forks and brakes. The list is almost endless.

I'd rather set fire to my scrotum than own a Quota! Get a late model Stelvio instead. They're ten times the bike.

With the 'Variable Distribution' mentioned on the V85? This has been discussed elsewhere and general consensus is that it isn't actually variable valve timing but the incorporation of knock sensors to allow for super-lean €5 fueling.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

It almost sounds like you need 2 Quotas...one to ride and one for parts.  Frankly, I think it's an odd enough item that's possibly hit or miss from a ride experience.

Either a V85 or Stelvio sound like a more reliable longer term option...or better yet an 8V Griso...what a machine!

11 hours ago, pete roper said:

Oddball forks and brakes. The list is almost endless.

Plus the name always struck me as odd...what is the meaning? Stelvio I get. No go on the Quota. 

12 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

Quota also means Altitude or Height in Italian . . . :helmet:

Just hazarding a guess, since I have no idea what was the origin of the naming convention, but a Quota is also a Limited #, so perhaps it's the Italian Version of a Limited Version...like Harley's Limited edition.  I don't think the production numbers were particularly large, right?