Side Stand Switch, contactless V11 all Models

biesel

The prices shown on the website includes the 19% VAT as it is compulsory in Europe.

In the FAQ, it is explained that you need to register to see the tax-free cost in your shopping cart (based on final destination).

Just a reminder that when you purchase anything new in Europe, and shipping destination is outside of EEC, VAT should be discounted, included for the shipping. Some online EUR stores do not specify that VAT is included (since it is a de facto), and you should always inquire before completing the transaction.

I have a new side stand switch that I was going to install on my EV.  No way going to use it.  If it works for you, I'm game.

My Sport has a new side stand but the switch was readjusted and works fine.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, p6x said:

The prices shown on the website includes the 19% VAT as it is compulsory in Europe.

In the FAQ, it is explained that you need to register to see the tax-free cost in your shopping cart (based on final destination).

Just a reminder that when you purchase anything new in Europe, and shipping destination is outside of EEC, VAT should be discounted, included for the shipping. Some online EUR stores do not specify that VAT is included (since it is a de facto), and you should always inquire before completing the transaction.

A good reminder. FWIW, that cost to the US I stated was after I entered all destination information. The price adjusted from 52,43 Euro to 44,06 Euro. Really, not bad at all for this piece, IMO!

The killer is that the shipping nearly triples the cost and I could only see one shipping option.

18 hours ago, docc said:

The killer is that the shipping nearly triples the cost and I could only see one shipping option.

While the supply chain issues that arose from the pandemic seem to have been resolved now, the cost of freight has not gone back to what it used to be pre Covid.

But I am guessing nobody is surprised; it is like the fuel surcharge that was once the reason plane tickets cost increased. After the oil price went down, the fares remained at their new levels.

I don't know if we are going to see any decrease any time soon.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 1:09 PM, biesel said:

Mike from HMB Moto just dropped me an email.
Here is their latest product:
https://hmb-moto.de/Side-Stand-Switch-contactless-V11-all-Models

seitenstaenderschalter-v11-beruehrungslo

A group US order? The switch is small and light, so many may will fit into a reasonably sized box.

Example: I bought two helmets from FC Moto in Germany. That huge box and two spare shields were sent via DHL to the west coast of the US for $43. So, the shipping can certainly be far less than what is listed. If we can come up with a group order, perhaps HMB Moto can moderate their shipping cost.  

4 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

I would go for one on a group order as well...that looks like a nice piece of kit.  

We might just improve the breed to where we can forget those special Italian words we have learned. Nah...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, po18guy said:

We might just improve the breed to where we can forget those special Italian words we have learned. Nah...

Managia....

Figlio di pu...

Porco...

On 12/13/2023 at 12:32 PM, docc said:

Things are about to get worse with shipping costs....

Because of the attacks on shipping vessels in the Red Sea, many freight company have stopped going this route; Maersk, Hapag Lloyd, CGA-CGM, MSC; the Houties in Yemen have warned they would systematically attack ships navigating to the Suez Canal.

They are now going around Africa which is going to affect schedules and prices.

Most of the freight companies have also included a surcharge for "risks", since those attacks are now frequent and using sophisticated techniques such as drones. Even the pirates have learned to use technology... so far, airfreight has not been affected, but because of the demand, prices have gone up too.

On 12/17/2023 at 11:22 AM, p6x said:

Things are about to get worse with shipping costs....

Because of the attacks on shipping vessels in the Red Sea, many freight company have stopped going this route; Maersk, Hapag Lloyd, CGA-CGM, MSC; the Houties in Yemen have warned they would systematically attack ships navigating to the Suez Canal.

They are now going around Africa which is going to affect schedules and prices.

Most of the freight companies have also included a surcharge for "risks", since those attacks are now frequent and using sophisticated techniques such as drones. Even the pirates have learned to use technology... so far, airfreight has not been affected, but because of the demand, prices have gone up too.