MV Sportveloce designed after the V11 LeMans?

I think someone stole the design....jus' sayin'

pxl_20230701_180318834-jpg.48893

This was on display at Fay Myers in Denver.  Out friends' daughter works there, she told me it wasn't for sale.  Frankly, Ill give the styling a meh. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 5:47 PM, audiomick said:

So the current MV Augusta design department is trying to dock on to a "classic style". :huh2:

Flattery and emulation?

Where else is a modern motorcycle design from one inspired man, drawn in one night, "unasked for", that is such an inimitable delight?

th?id=OIP.OSuUZzCh9psCtqepbivaPAHaJ3%26p

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/19665-luciano-marabese-v11-sport-designer/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 7/9/2023 at 10:04 AM, LowRyter said:

I think someone stole the design....jus' sayin'

pxl_20230701_180318834-jpg.48893

This was on display at Fay Myers in Denver.  Out friends' daughter works there, she told me it wasn't for sale.  Frankly, Ill give the styling a meh. 

yah..meh...

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

yah..meh...

There's a local fellow that rides one of those MVs.  What I never noticed is that the bike is extremely small and very low.  Most sport bikes are tall, especially from the rear, this thing in on the ground.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 5:40 PM, KINDOY2 said:

I like the MV Superveloce in some ways..but imho...That fairing and headlight look cheap and doesn't flow with the rest of the bike.

Design perceptions, what a topic. There is something to consider in the design and aesthetics of just about everything and this is it. Am I emotionally responding to something that's is beautiful and in harmony with the overall concept or am I responding to it just being "different". The latter doesn't stand the test of time where the former does.

Phil

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

... or am I responding to it just being "different".

I maintain that I would not confuse "being different" with really good design. My usual reaction to "just being different" is, to put it politely, a distinct aversion. B)

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

I maintain that I would not confuse "being different" with really good design. My usual reaction to "just being different" is, to put it politely, a distinct aversion. B)

Yea Mick but many, many others do. You only needed to watch OCC to find this out.

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, audiomick said:

I would hold that this is what sets the Marabese V11 Sport design apart. It was "unasked for" and not a "commercial" design. The original V11 Sport was not a compilation of Committee Derivation. There is a certain, and rare, purity in that . . .

• Like 1

I've seen the SuperVeloce S in person in white, with brown seat and gold frame/wheels. It's a lovely bike, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work in every color. It also looks good in the classic MV red over silver. But I am not a fan of the black in orginal picture - and the angle of that picture accentuates the nose. 

And I don't think it's a design theft. There are plenty of classic race bikes in MV's history to be inspired by, and only so many ways to make a fairing.

• Like 1