Bike suggestions for rider getting back into it.

I'm blown away by all the great replies...plus I learned a bit of history of some of you all. All good stuff...plus a Pacific Coast? Who would have known!  :bike:  I'm going to send this link to my friend and let it all sink in.  This group is something else!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...

Update on my friends search...

After him reading, looking and listening to my suggestions, he settled on a new Ducati Monster Plus. He got it for a great price and it was delivered last week. He had to attend a MSF course to get his license endorsement. I went to his place yesterday to give it its initial break-in run since he is too green to do it at this stage. I think the bike is perfect for him. About 400 lbs wet, it is very flickable. Not sure I like the throttle by wire...it had a different feel to it, but could be the mode I was in. Lesson learned...when someone wants a red Ducati they will not be swayed. And yes, @p6x, sitting next to a red Ducati my Griso looks more orange than red. :D

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, activpop said:

And yes, @p6x, sitting next to a red Ducati my Griso looks more orange than red. :D

I don't know why they switched from Red Corsa to Orange KTM. Maybe because the red was associated with Ducati?

They still do the green though, which is commonly named British green because of Jaguar.

I think the V100 Mandello in red looks pretty good. We just have to wait to see if they come up with a Le Mans again. I read somewhere they could unveil one for ECMA 2024; said to be powered by the 850cc... I don't know if this is a reliable information.

5 hours ago, p6x said:

I don't know why they switched from Red Corsa to Orange KTM. Maybe because the red was associated with Ducati?

They still do the green though, which is commonly named British green because of Jaguar.

I think the V100 Mandello in red looks pretty good. We just have to wait to see if they come up with a Le Mans again. I read somewhere they could unveil one for ECMA 2024; said to be powered by the 850cc... I don't know if this is a reliable information.

There are some things the Italians do very well.

"Tease" appears to be one of them.  B)

3 hours ago, docc said:

There are some things the Italians do very well.

"Tease" appears to be one of them.  B)

This one is not from Italy, unfortunately. It is from a Britton who claims to have some "non disclosable" sources.

I don't really believe the Le Mans will be resurrected, and if it is, it would make sense to use the V100, not the V85. That being said, the previous Le Mans will always be more attractive to me.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I looked at the Wiki link and there was an image there of the iconic Bugatti type35 which reminded me of the one that's seen on the streets of my suburb from time to time. From a quick internet surf the last one sold was in 2022 for 4 million euros. Quite a car to be pottering about in in the Melbourne suburbs. 

Phil

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

...Bugatti type35 ..Quite a car to be pottering about in in the Melbourne suburbs.

Indeed, particularly out where you are. Toorak, maybe, but out on the fringes? :huh2:

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Indeed, particularly out where you are. Toorak, maybe, but out on the fringes? :huh2:

Well Tooraks more likely fiscally but you couldn't drive one around the roads there. Interestingly a guy I worked with 25 years ago owned an immaculate T model Ford, fully restored, like new. I asked him what it was worth to sell and the answer was probably 5 or 6 grand. I was a bit surprised and asked why so little for an immaculate piece of history like that. he said because they are pretty much impossible to use on modern roads and in traffic so there was no market for the drive an old car for fun demographic which made sense to me. It would be a nightmare in modern traffic.

Melbourne's approaching 6 million people now Mick, it's a bit of a nightmare traffic wise.  

Phil 

Edited by Lucky Phil
1 hour ago, audiomick said:

I've reckon I've seen this thing a couple of times too...

Can't be too many of them lurking about let alone being used and not worshipped in a glass cage! 

Firstly, parked next to it in Tooradin whilst eating a pie some time ago and again when we passed each other on opposite sides of the old backroad which runs parallel to the highway just before the Robin Hood pub. 

Must've been quite a sight...a thundering V11 Guzzi heading east and classic ole Bugatti heading west, both being er exercised!!

One of those happy memories that'll stay with me forever....

Cheers  

• Like 3