Report your 1st of January 2024 ride here / 1st 2024 ride works too...

There are some traditions around the world about the 1st day of the next year; for example, some seaside cities have the 1st sea swim of the year.

I think we should have ours; the first Moto Guzzi ride of the year, to celebrate. Mine will have to wait, unfortunately, I am far from the damzelle.

So instead, I registered for the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas 2024.

Let's see what flag number I get this year.

• Like 1

Being about fifteen degrees (Fahrenheit) cooler today, I cheated and took my first ride of the year yesterday when it was sunny and 55ºF/13ºC. :rolleyes:

A group of us used to get together on New Year's Day to ride regardless of the weather to kick off the year right. Before I became a slacker . . .

Looking forward to hearing about all of your 'First rides!" :race:

• Like 1

No 1jan ride here, have beer. -20c next week.
Cheers Tom. b5e10cb29e0d21f6323af90ba7d7a74e.jpg882d6aba3591fb8deb1338b56ec53343.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I actually did a first and last ride.  

Last ride of the year yesterday with some of our local RoSPA group members as one of our regular Sunday runs, covering around 150 miles in total. Twelve of us in total on a variety of hardware.

Today, just a spin around locally of around 60 ish miles to play with suspension settings a little. Saw quite a few bikes out and loads of dog walkers, plus a fair few horses and riders around the lanes.

Slightly chilly, but a fun couple of days. 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

No 1jan ride here, have beer. -20c next week.
Cheers Tom. b5e10cb29e0d21f6323af90ba7d7a74e.jpg882d6aba3591fb8deb1338b56ec53343.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

Beautiful home Tom. I'm reminded of an architectural factoid I once heard that Scandinavian residences have entry doors opening outward. I take it that it is the norm? It seems to make more sense than inward, as is the norm for USA. Better security. Better to seal closing. No awkward positioning of the door when opened into the home, walls, furnishings, rugs, floor mats. No need for the 'storm door.'  I imagine the US way of opening inward may have something to do with our 'front porch, screen door' lifestyle.

Not so typical these days for people to leave the front door open for circulation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It is a nice looking home!

No way in hell would I be venturing out on a bike in weather like that either!

Jeez, what a difference in our weather I had my first dip in the pool for the year yesterday and a vino on the balcony...

I'm hoping my first ride of the year will be Friday before heading back to work on Monday!

Cheers 

Ps Interesting about the doors, never took any notice before but ours here in Oz also open inwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doors: here in Germany, most doors open inwards. A door that is an official fire exit (in a public building) must, according to law, open outwards. They don't always do that, though. :huh2:

First ride: not going to happen for a while. The bikes are all waiting on a bit of work, and the weather is about to go bad again. It's been unseasonably warm the last week or 10 days, with temperatures around 10°C. And a fair bit of rain. Within the next couple of days it is forecast to go down to 3°C or so, and stay there for a while. With more rain. :(

• Like 1
2 hours ago, guzzler said:

It is a nice looking home!

No way in hell would I be venturing out on a bike in weather like that either!

Jeez, what a difference in our weather I had my first dip in the pool for the year yesterday and a vino on the balcony...

I'm hoping my first ride of the year will be Friday before heading back to work on Monday!

Cheers 

Ps Interesting about the doors, never took any notice before but ours here in Oz also open inwards.

Now, yer just pissin' me off . . .  ;)

How about some of those "Pics from down under?" :pic:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No cold butt ride here.  Too cold, only 40 today but I did test ride my new Napoleon grill.  Smoking a couple of racks of ST Louis ribs.

• Like 3

Ha ha

I'd better go and charge up the camera for Friday....

Cheers

Ps weathers bloody nuts here at the moment...summer winter summer.....but so far Friday's lookin good!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, guzzler said:

weathers bloody nuts here at the moment...

I heard...

My brother and father told me they had 50mm of rain in a couple of hours on the morning of christmas day.

My youngest brother lives up near Byron Bay, and said they have had a couple of metres of rain in the last couple of weeks. :o

First ride after new tires, new front disks, new timing gear set, new TPS, new phase sensor, new rear shock. A nice 21°C (70°F) day.

It ran really well for the first 4 km, then started misfiring badly below 3000rpm.

Back home I changed the ECU BIN and looked for Guzzi Diag faults. It was still almost unrideable in slow traffic when it gets hot.

The LH snorkel fell off (see pic) but I don't think this is the problem. Exhaust leak perhaps? Check the TPS again? That's tomorrow's job.  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
22 hours ago, audiomick said:

I heard...

My brother and father told me they had 50mm of rain in a couple of hours on the morning of christmas day.

My youngest brother lives up near Byron Bay, and said they have had a couple of metres of rain in the last couple of weeks. :o

Mate 

As crazy as the weather is down here in South West Gippsland at the moment it's outa control up North.

Northern NSW and Qld are flooded and still the rain keeps coming...yep in Metres in parts!

I just hope that when the flooding subsides and dries out we don't get FIRES...  it was looking a bit ominous in that regard before the flooding began though so fingers crossed.

Cheers

• Like 1