Hello and looking for risers

Doansci

Hello,

Thank you for letting me join.  Bought a 2002 V11 LeMans last summer and this group has been super helpful and highly recommended by the folks over at WildGuzzi.  So here I am.  

Hoping to use this a more of a touring bike so would like to raise the bars using some Verlicchi style swan-neck risers.  A friend has them on his bike and they work great for keeping the weight off my overworked wrists.

I've looked for Verlicchi bars on MG-Cycle and other places but can't find the large size clamp for the V11 - id needs to be 53 or 54mm.  Anyone have a set to sell or trade?

Thank you,

Shawn

• Like 2

Here you go. The first picture shows stock fork-top clip-ons (dash in pieces looking for a bad charge bulb - it was OK).  Second shows what I'd like to find.  

Thanks!

20240115_092747.jpg

20230715_145534.jpg

• Like 1

image.png

This is another nice option by Das Mototec that is also no longer available. Their website says out of stock. Did I help here?

Edit:  I emailed the company and now can happily report they are available for purchase. My comment of no longer available was my mistake. Thank you for alerting me, @audiomick .

Edited by alannn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or you can convert your V11 to handlebars. We did that to my wifes V11, using Ballabio clamps and bars. Her stock top triple clamp had the bosses for the handlebar clamps, all I had to do was drill them out and add the handlebar clamps. We used Ballabio clamps and bars, but you don't need to use MG parts. About any bar clamps and bars can work. Depending on how far up you move the bars you may need longer cables and lines. I was able to carefully re-route the stock lines and make them work, but buying longer lines is a better option if required. And longer cables and lines are available since some V11's came from the factory with handle bars or high rise bars.

• Like 1

I'm attaching pics of the risers on both my V11s.  In the bottom pic, you'll see that risers had been switched left to right, with the towers closer to rider.  It would be possible to simply switch the risers from one side to the other, with the bars no higher, but substantially closer, obviating the need for any purchase.  It would also be a really quick fix, because you'd not have to change anything on the clip-ons, just quickly swap risers.  Just be careful you have plenty of clearance between clip-ons and fuel tank.

Not attractive, but on my F800GS I installed a set of Rox Risers, which have served me well.

Rox Risers.png

On the Tenni:20240221_173549 risers.jpg

On Bubbles:

20240221_173535 risers.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 5:25 AM, alannn said:

This is another nice option by Das Mototec that is also no longer available. Their website says out of stock. Did I help here?

Where did you see that? There is no indication on the Däs site that they are no longer available.

https://shop.daes-mototec.com/de/Fahrwerk-7/Lenker/DAeS-Lenkerstummel-Kit-fuer-MOTO-GUZZI-V11-Le-Mans--alle-Mod--V11-Coppa-Italia---Scura---Naked-02-.html

I have the Daes "lenkerstummel" on my 2003 V11 LM RC. They fit perfectly (incl. with the Ohlins forks). Cables and hoses do not need to be replaced. Very comfortable indeed and beautifully made. According to the Daes website, delivery takes2-3 days to 1-2 weeks (I guess that this applies only to EU; overseas delivery incl. customs clearance may take more time; perhaps best to ask Roland before ordering).

3 hours ago, audiomick said:

Every combination of height and color says:

"Diese Kombination ist derzeit nicht am Lager.
Die bestellte Menge wird schnellstmöglich von uns geliefert."

Google translate German to English says, not in stock.

What does ist derzeit nicht am Lager mean to you? :blink:

6 hours ago, alannn said:

What does ist derzeit nicht am Lager mean to you? :blink:

It simply means "currently not in stock".

This:

"Die bestellte Menge wird schnellstmöglich von uns geliefert"

means "we will deliver the quantity ordered as soon as possible".

That means, the things are available, but it might take a while to deliver. I reckon it is likely that they are manufactured on demand. If in doubt, send the man an e-mail. I spoke to him on the phone once. He seems like a nice bloke. :)

• Like 2

Wow, thank you all for the replies and ideas!

FreyZI, it looks like reversing the LeMans bar clamps will leave out a screw anchoring the clamp to the top triple clamp.  Maybe not a big deal but didn't try it - I should!    Also, are those the stock riser clamps on your Tenni?  

AudioMick - thanks for your translation.  Das Moto might become the best option.

1 hour ago, Doansci said:

FreyZI, it looks like reversing the LeMans bar clamps will leave out a screw anchoring the clamp to the top triple clamp.  Maybe not a big deal but didn't try it - I should!    Also, are those the stock riser clamps on your Tenni?  

Hey, Doansci.  I hadn't seen that -- must've been the jumble of wires :ph34r:.  Anyway, I don't believe that bolt anchoring the clamp to the top triple tree is essential.  At least, I hope not, because I've been riding the Tenni for years without it :bike:.  Somebody just stuck a socket cap bolt in that hole.  Similar solution in @alannn's pic of the Das Mototec clamps and in your second pic (the hopeful solution).

I don't know about the origin of the risers on the Tenni.  Came to me with lots of tasty bits!

9 hours ago, Doansci said:

Das Moto might become the best option.

6 hours ago, FreyZI said:

the Das Mototec clamps and in your second pic (the hopeful solution).

for the sake of completeness....

The man's name is Roland Däs.

The two dots above the "a" are called an Umlaut, literally "sound changer". If writing that letter on a keyboard that doesn't have the ä (or ö or ü), the correct way to write it is with "ae" (or oe or ue).

So Däs becomes Daes (or könnten becomes koennten or Müller becomes Mueller).

You may find that searching for Däs Mototec works better if you try Daes Mototec. Apart from anything else, "das" is the neutral article in German ("the" for things that are "it" rather than "he" or "she"...), so Das Mototec has a literal translation as "the Mototec". B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1