Aonther Scura clutch broken

Paul Minnaert

so...after reading all the above listings....

all I can say is my Rosso clutch rattles like hell,pull the lever and its as silent as the church mouse. I would say its as bad as the ducati dry clutch!!

so,do I strip it all out to take a look?.......

or do I leave well alone and sue guzzi/aprilia when it goes BANG!

hmmm,wouldn't want to bankrupt em again!!  lol

friggen 'ell as if I've not enough to worry about.......

36976[/snapback]

Join the club, matey! :rolleyes::huh2:

Nige. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received an e-mail from a friend in Oz and "they have just had a massive recall for all V11's (All V11's have the single plate clutch). There is a gearbox fault which causes complete failure at high speeds or full throttle applications in higher gears".

He has now sold his Scura!

I will now take this up in the UK, how on earth can Oz get a recall and not other Country's?

Has anyone else had a recall notice on a single clutch plate model or experienced a failure recently?

:angry: from Essex, England

Aren't you confusing things? First not All v11 have a single plate clutch, only rosso mandello, scura and tenni. Second the recall you refer to seems the one that is for the first series v11 1999-2001, and had nothing to do with clutches, but conrods and a few gearbox pieces. And they are late with that in oz, this happend at least half a year earlier in the rest of the world.

So please don't make noise when there is no reason to.

Yes, there exist some V11 with problems, and no, not all v11 are in a recall program.

Aren't you confusing things?  First not All v11 have a single plate clutch, only rosso mandello, scura and tenni. Second the recall you refer to seems the one that is for the first series v11 1999-2001, and had nothing to do with clutches, but conrods and a few gearbox pieces. And they are late with that in oz, this happend at least half a year earlier in the rest of the world.

Yes, there exist some V11 with problems, and no, not all v11 are in a recall program.

37790[/snapback]

Bzzzzzt!!!!! Bzzzzzzt!!!! Hello? Can you hear me??? This is Australia calling(Crackle, crackle!!!) What Paul sez is 100% right. The recall you refer to is due to the sliding muffs on some early gearboxes being made of latex. It has sweet FA to do with the clutch and was addressed with a worldwide recall several years ago, nothing Oz specific. The con-rod bolts were anoher issue which once again was addressed yonks ago.

Look, if you want to start scare mongering at least do your research first. I personally want to find one of these shitty V11's that hasn't been properly modified so I can buy it for a song. Not because I really want a V11 but because if I get one then I have an excuse to fit one of Cliff's 'pooters and get him to explain it all to me while I stand with glazed eyes and a slack jaw trying to grapple with concepts I don't understand properly :grin:

Pete

Aren't you confusing things?  First not All v11 have a single plate clutch, only rosso mandello, scura and tenni. Second the recall you refer to seems the one that is for the first series v11 1999-2001, and had nothing to do with clutches, but conrods and a few gearbox pieces. And they are late with that in oz, this happend at least half a year earlier in the rest of the world.

37790[/snapback]

I was just "quoting" a comment made by someone I have e-mailed in Oz, and yes I am aware that only the models listed have the single plate clutch. I have not as yet contacted Guzzi UK, is it an issue worth raising with them - it seems as though some noise should be made?

Look forward to views fom the forum, and I will then contact Guzzi.

...Look forward to views fom the forum, and I will then contact Guzzi....

You got a name & no? My dealer spoke with them - got nothing. Don't think AWSUK ( :blink: ) are getting anything from Italy. Good luck. Let us know what they say...if they get their heads out long enough to speak...

KB :sun:

Still waiting on a reply to my email to Guzzi...

I'm still not holding my breath!  :angry:

Nige.  :huh:

37903[/snapback]

i have just recieved a couple of e mails from guzzi customer services!!

The first one concerns the crackle (no sorry,blister) finish engine paint.It states that guzzi are looking into this problem but there is no answer yet!!!!

I also recieved this exact same e mail about two years ago...

HA HA HA.....

The second says......

As your bike is now out of warranty we aint interested!!

I asked about the clutch flywheel issue too and there is no response on this other than for technical problems consult your local guzzi dealer...

I am thinking that perhaps I should gather my evidence together of these two problems and sue Guzzi UK in the County Court??

Anyone else in the Uk game for taking Guzzi on???

e mail me..rossoandy @hotmail.com

i have just recieved a couple of e mails from guzzi customer services!!

The first one concerns the crackle (no sorry,blister) finish engine paint.It states that guzzi are looking into this problem but there is no answer yet!!!!

I also recieved this exact same e mail about two years ago...

HA HA HA.....

The second says......

As your bike is now out of warranty we aint interested!!

I asked about the clutch flywheel issue too and there is no response on this other than for technical problems consult your local guzzi dealer...

I am thinking that perhaps I should gather my evidence together of these two problems and sue Guzzi UK in the County Court??

Anyone else in the Uk game for taking Guzzi on???

e mail me..rossoandy @hotmail.com

37915[/snapback]

[/quote wier scura 224]

:luigi: I had the very same answer, I got the feeling that Guzzi/dealers were just waiting for the warrantees to run out cause they didn't know what to do, or they felt it would be to expensive to fix the problem :homer: .

What sort of evidence do you need???? I've got some digital photo's.

si1100,

I had an unrelated problem with a 2003 Rosso Corsa I bought late August - its been back several times and finally I wrote a letter to the dealer to state that if they didn't get it fixed I would pursue a claim to return the bike as unfit for purpose. I would need to take legal advice if I did pursue this route, but it seems to have conentrated thier efforts anyway and they took the bike back in and stripped it down properly - I just heard today the new parts are on order so hopefully the issue will get reolved this time, if not then I am resolved to try to return the bike and get my money back - I bought the bike to have fun and so far have had mostly hassle and little use - having said that I love the bike and really hope they fix it.

I would guess if you can get several people together that have the same issue you should be able to get Guzzi's attention - the people on this forum are probably thier most loyal customers and I don't think they have such a broad base that they can afford to ignore us - I am on my 3rd Guzzi and most people stick with them but once you move to something else I would suspect they have lost a customer for a long time, if not for good.

Ken