DYNO GALLERY

dlaing

Here's one that was done with the stock ECU + PCIII. Again, I don't know why hp and tq curves don't cross at 5252 :huh2: . I didn't get printouts for every run, we just looked at the screen for many.

IMG_0005.jpg

Is it just me, or it that reading max power as being 32hp?!?!?

• 3 months later...

Gents,

today we've been on a Dyno, too. Probably the first time for both of us and after 100.000 km it was high time as well.

This is what we've got (numbers valid for the wheel):

kurvenklein.jpg

No special mods. Just a My15M and an Ex-QuatD. Last service 5000km ago.

And here you can hear how it was done :grin:

Hubert

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's nice figures.

Tried 130 mains and power dropped by 20 hp.

Quite a drop. You don't happen to know A/F values too as reported by a wideband sensor? I wonder how much leaner it was running with the 130.

That's nice figures.

Quite a drop. You don't happen to know A/F values too as reported by a wideband sensor? I wonder how much leaner it was running with the 130.

I don't know A/F ratios. Next time I'll be a little more scientific. I'm pleased with the results especially as the power peaks at 7300rpm. Definitely more power to be had considering the motor will spin safely to 8500rpm.

The biggest surprise to me was how one clip position filled in the torque curve. Obviously these 1100 engines don't like lean jetting??

Not that carb issues are anything you have to worry about with a V11.

• 3 months later...

Here's a Dyno chart from yesterday for my racer.

Sport 1100 engine in a Tonti frame. Mike Rich heads,41mm carbs, stock bore and pistons, Megacycle X10 cam. H crossover and JC Whitney mufflers.

Best results so far: 145 or 150 mains, 265 needle jet, needle clip on the middle position. 81hp, 63 ft lbs torque. Power peaks at 7300 rpm.

The baseline runs were with 140 mains and the needle clip on the top position. Note the huge hole in the torque that was filled when I went to the clip in the middle position.

Next time I'll try 268 needle jets.

Yes I am a nerd!!!!!

What needles?

Here's a Dyno chart from yesterday for my racer.

Sport 1100 engine in a Tonti frame. Mike Rich heads,41mm carbs, stock bore and pistons, Megacycle X10 cam. H crossover and JC Whitney mufflers.

Best results so far: 145 or 150 mains, 265 needle jet, needle clip on the middle position. 81hp, 63 ft lbs torque. Power peaks at 7300 rpm.

The baseline runs were with 140 mains and the needle clip on the top position. Note the huge hole in the torque that was filled when I went to the clip in the middle position.

Next time I'll try 268 needle jets.

Yes I am a nerd!!!!!

What needles?

K4 needles.

I've since done another run but on a different dyno with 150 mains and 268 needle jets. With 110 race gas we saw 76 hp (it was a 100 degree day). I have some experimenting to do with timing as I'm currently at 30 degrees but with the 110 I'm thinking I could advance to 31-32 degrees. Obviously until I stick to one dyno and get a baseline none of this really matters.........

For what it's worth the bike will easily pull 8,000 with a 7:33 gear set at PIR which translates to 135mph.

Hoping to dyno next week and I'll post the results along with AF ratio readouts.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday the G&B was on the dyno at HdeB in Sleen (NL) He took almost a full day to make a custom map, but I must say, the result is quite allright. Even 1 bhp more than last time with the OEM Ti mufflers.

NOTE: the RPM scale is a bit off because he had a slight problem with his computer.

the chart:

hdeb-160910.jpg

Yesterday the G&B was on the dyno at HdeB in Sleen (NL) He took almost a full day to make a custom map, but I must say, the result is quite allright. Even 1 bhp more than last time with the OEM Ti mufflers.

NOTE: the RPM scale is a bit off because he had a slight problem with his computer.

the chart:

Those are some big numbers for a V11 Jaap! That's 91 SAE rwhp and 73 ft/lbs or torque for you Americans out there.

If you don't mind my asking what ECU are you using and what modifications have you made besides intake and exhaust?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...