DYNO GALLERY

dlaing

This dyno run is on my '04 Le Mans, stock mapping, standard filter, Quat D Exhaust.

In comparison to my '04, also with stock mapping, your AFR is a lot richer than mine above 4500 RPM (at least with the red graph). Mine is with the standard filter, but no airbox cover. I guess the airbox cover on yours could account for a richer mixture, but then your power is so much higher, so I'm confused by that.

My silencers are Staintunes with no baffles, which help make my mixture lean. So the mystery to me is, how does your engine produce so much more power? My best guess is that the Quat D Exhaust must be a big improvement over stock exhaust and crossover with Staintunes. It also looks to me from your graph like my engine would produce a lot more power at your AFR of 12.9, instead of my 13.6 at peak horsepower RPM.

I'd like to know more about the Quat D as well!

It also looks to me from your graph like my engine would produce a lot more power at your AFR of 12.9, instead of my 13.6 at peak horsepower RPM.

That seems to be the general experience.

Maximum power seems occur around 13.0 ± ~0.5

I think Todd Eagan recommends 13.2 or 13.3 as a general target.

Your 13.6 seems to be better than most stock bikes so John T. did not urge you to buy a PCIII.

If you get a PCIII, John T. can optimize it for power at WOT.

Not a bad idea since you don't spend enough time at WOT to be concerned about fuel consumption.

Kind of an expensive way to gain just a few HP, but it is your choice.

Guz, these are interesting pictures! Both.The dyno curves, because they're looking so smooth and perfect and the one of the bike as well, because the exhaust seems to be something special, something between the first series with standard manifolds and the actual series with the outlet on the right side. Is the exhaust original or have you done any modifications? I'm using the actual Ex-box with catalyser, and it feels very much different to what your picture shows. I believe in this picture, no doubt, but it shows that there is probably a lot of room for improvements on mine.

Do you have a picture of it taken from the other side?

Hubert

Hubert is your Quat D outlet on the left or right?

Mine was on the left, but it was the early version for our bike and it certainly robbed high rpm power.

I want Guz's muffler!!! :)

when I look at the graph from guz, it tells hdb mapping, so no default eprom in his bike there.

That's correct, the black/grey lines are standard and the orange/red lines the new HdeB mapping, What i like most is the max torque at 3500 rpm.

The exhaust outlet is on the left side. I like the sound! But it is "slightly more " than standard.

Guz

That's correct, the black/grey lines are standard and the orange/red lines the new HdeB mapping, What i like most is the max torque at 3500 rpm.

The exhaust outlet is on the left side. I like the sound! But it is "slightly more " than standard.

Guz

I can see no difference between these curves, to be honest. The outlet cannot be seen on the picture, so it should be on the other side. That makes sense, yes.

My only questions are: from where did you get this Exbox - this one is not sold by Quat-D, and how does the outlet look. Don't you have a picture of it? I'd greatly appreciate one, believe me :grin:

Hubert

I can see no difference between these curves, to be honest. The outlet cannot be seen on the picture, so it should be on the other side. That makes sense, yes.

My only questions are: from where did you get this Exbox - this one is not sold by Quat-D, and how does the outlet look. Don't you have a picture of it? I'd greatly appreciate one, believe me :grin:

Hubert

Hubert, I got the exhaust from http://www.firestartergarage.it/

At this moment the block is repainted (black coating) so a recent picture will follow a.s.a.p.

Guz

Hubert, I got the exhaust from http://www.firestartergarage.it/

At this moment the block is repainted (black coating) so a recent picture will follow a.s.a.p.

Guz

Interesting.

http://www.rossopuroitalia.it/index.asp?Pr...d_PrdType_ID=11

shows the QuatD with outlet on right side.

Yours looks like it might be a one of a kind Quat-D!

• 1 month later...
I have the same QuatD on my 99 V11Sport, bought from Ghezzi-Brian in 2003 or 2004.

The exhaust is on the left side.

--

Francis Chartier

Interesting.

I wonder why they switched to the right side outlet.

My earlier version QuatD exited on the left but had a slash cut outlet, rather than a bent elbow.

It probably made power similar to Guz's below 5000 RPM, but above 5000RPM it lost power.

You can see my dyno results in here http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=96629

and Guz's here

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=136069

When it exits on the right side it seems to lose a little low end but make decent high end power....at least according to oldbutnotdead's post http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=107871

How many years have we been waiting for that report?
Hey! I resemble that remark. :blush:

Looks like last week in March before Louie's dyno schedule and my schedule line up. It would be easier if he were just down the street, but it's a couple hundred miles each way, give or take.

Meanwhile, don't you have several pages of calculations regarding the flex, twist and compression properties of neoprene you can review while waiting? :nerd: