rear drive torque arm

richard100t

That is exactly what I was thinking SP, minus the chromoly. I was wondering if there was measurements already taken.

Should be pretty straight forward though?

As long as the rose/heim joints have external (axial?) pressure on the inner race from spacers/washers. The inner diameter of the joints could have some slop on the bolt, correct?

Tom, what ever came of this?

I'm thinking of doing a female threaded aluminum rod with correct rose joints to replace mine. Unless there is a bearing/spacer combo somebody has tried?

If I was to do it over, I'd make my own. I've got the Ghezzi Brian one, it's very nice, but I think I could have made my own for less, using tricker parts and materials.

Some 7068 round bar and a couple chromoly+PTFE rod ends, and done.

Exactly, you could make one with a decent drill press and machine vice if push came to shove.

Or Chuck could make one with a egg beater drill and a G clamp:)

Ciao

I find it mesmerizing that no one has just pressed some well fitted Delrin (HDPE) bushes into the (very pretty ) factory rod . . . . :whistle:

Well, I know a guy that did, but he ain't sayin' . . . .

I still would rather my torque rod bushings had no restriction to rotation.

I find it mesmerizing that no one has just pressed some well fitted Delrin (HDPE) bushes into the (very pretty ) factory rod . . . . :whistle:

I have *lots* of Delrin. I haven't taken a serious look at the Mighty Scura's bushing condition, but I'll do that. It's going to be nice today.. (in the middle of February?? In Indiana??) so I'm going to play outside. :grin: I'll report back when the weather gets back to normal.

I don't think that will work well work unless the the front and rear pivot points are exactly aligned.  There probably needs to be a little side to side play in case the the alignment is a little off due to manufacturing tolerances or less than exact adjustment of the swingarm pins.

I have all of the measurements needed to create your own rod but not with me now.  I'll post them later this week for anyone who wants them.

Yes a

• Like 1

fwiw, this is what the Ghezzi rod end setup looks like. The rods have plenty of ability to wiggle in a very controlled manner thanks to those spherical bushings. The spacers are just wide enough to hold the inner spherical bushings in place, the outer parts move pretty freely.

(for some reason the site likes to rotate images counter clockwise :( )

image.jpg

fwiw, this is what the Ghezzi rod end setup looks like. The rods have plenty of ability to wiggle in a very controlled manner thanks to those spherical bushings. The spacers are just wide enough to hold the inner spherical bushings in place, the outer parts move pretty freely.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I am pretty sure I have said this before, the rod on my Daytona is pretty much exactly like that Ghezzi version. I think that is the best option, the rubber bushing that came on latter version was done only because it was cheaper and easier.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So, if I understand correctly, those spacers are free to turn? Strange..

Here are the measurements that I took from my stock part.

Still no word from my local suspension guy on replacement bushings.

Is that a spherical bearing, Tom?

Here are the measurements that I took from my stock part.

Still no word from my local suspension guy on replacement bushings.

Is that a spherical bearing, Tom?

Hi Chuck,

No that's the OEM bushing in the stock rod.  If my suspension guy doesn't come through with a replacement bushing I'm going to look into alternatives with a spherical bearing.

• 2 weeks later...

My suspension guy couldn't find bushings to replace the stock parts so I ordered a pair of spherical bearings.  I'm also getting custom bushings quoted.  I'll update this thread if/when I make any progress...