• My bike(s)
    2000 V11 Sport, and also Honda GB500 Tourist Trophy

Recent Profile Visitors

507,568 profile views

docc's Achievements

"I live here"

"I live here" (5/5)

Community Answers

1. I sourced braided ground strap locally and sleeved it in heat shrink. Technically, I think it is 10 gauge.
  2. I looked back through the entire thread and have to suggest adding a dedicated ground/earth from the regulator case to the timing chest. Also, to clean/tighten/seal the main ground to the back of the gearbox on the right (behind the seat latch actuator). It would be telling if the charging voltage changes after addressing the grounds.
  3. I have had success cleaning/ treating the switch connections. CRC Electronics Cleaner, then Caig DeOxit.
  4. The low idle voltage could be down to a low idle. These tachs can read 300-500 rpm high. No big deal, perhaps, at cruising speeds, but setting your idle at 1,000 rpm with the tach when that is really 500-700 rpm is not good. Use Guzzidiag to confirm the actual idle and the "Decent Tune-up" for the idle procedure. Good to keep an eye on the charging voltage. The Odyssey is not to exceed 15.0 volts.
  5. Tach totally stable? Rev it up a bit and the voltage comes up?
  6. Yes, posted here before. What is new is how much has been added to @OzMatt's website. The man has put forth a fabulous effort to archive rare history and images. With plans for further additions, stay tuned! https://mgprotos.com/matt-compton
  7. Not sure when @Dave Swanson added x2, but I count 41 at that point . . .
  8. Just got this message from Ken: "We have 3 rooms open from [September] the 6th to the 8th. All are "standard" and priced at $129.00. Thank you so much for sharing! I have your flag ready to hang!"
  9. The Lodge at Tellico has announced new innkeepers. Looks like the transition will be seamless . . . Best wishes to Bryan and Catherine and welcome Ken and Viki !
  10. I'm sorry, I have not asked Mikko's surviving family about any of his property. I think it is still a bit soon after his sudden passing in January . . .
  11. Certainly not in the USA. Did Australia get any Lambda V11?
  12. I always hated these because I did not have the right tool for them. Plus, I did not think they are reusable (?)