V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

awwwwww . . . "plain old silve one . . . " :huh:

:P: I don't mean it as an insult. It's just that there are a lot of those, and the green ones. 

No offense taken. Of course, no one knows how many were made, let alone of each color.

I suppose I've seen the very fewest of the early black Sport.

Awful lot of sensitivity about color around here.  :P:

In more seriousness, I have never seen a black one other than the later Scuras, etc—and I see a lot of bikes of all types due to the stuff I do. And we do know rough numbers for some editions. I'm just not a person who defines myself by the color or brand of my motorcycles. 

Bruce Lawson (RIP) had a black one; only one I had ever seen.

He was working on some interesting Guzzi projects when we lost him.

Wait. Did I miss something here??

Bruce Lawson (RIP) had a black one; only one I had ever seen.

He was working on some interesting Guzzi projects when we lost him.

Wait. Did I miss something here??

Sadly, Bruce was lost in a car wreck last year: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19874&hl=%2Bbruce+%2Blawson

You can search Bruce's topics and posts. He was refitting a wiring harness and fitting a set of wire-spoked wheels as I recall . . .

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showuser=10329

EFD1A0FD-6F62-4B4A-9249-ADE227A411F1.jpg

I spotted one black red frame in Philadelphia about 6 years ago.  It was the only one I have seen in the wild.

35704482010_4fd9b68c05_b.jpg

Plus there's another one in the local club I haven't seen yet.

In more seriousness, I have never seen a black one other than the later Scuras, etc—and I see a lot of bikes of all types due to the stuff I do. And we do know rough numbers for some editions. I'm just not a person who defines myself by the color or brand of my motorcycles. 

I think it's all playful, sort of an inside-joke, and nobody takes the paint-color identity seriously. Though I will say that my Greenie tends to draw more looks than most bikes I've had. It's such a bold and unusual color - one of those love it or hate designs.

All in a good spirit of camaraderie and solidarity.  :mg:

After all, Jaap's "V11LeMans"  forums have taken in us tinkers, razor grinders, and RedFrame Sport types!

6ebc8e42f0f165a4641075064897d724--plaque

• Like 1

I think it's all playful, sort of an inside-joke, and nobody takes the paint-color identity seriously. Though I will say that my Greenie tends to draw more looks than most bikes I've had. It's such a bold and unusual color - one of those love it or hate designs.

My Greenie also would get lots of looks - thinking about trying out the green tank on my 03 Sport, everything else is grey and carbon fiber.  Might  be nice to switch it up from the Silver tank that came on it.  Will post pics for opinions when I swap them.