IGNORED

Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas - 2021 edition - Repository -

If you did not know what to do, each year, you can run the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas; the tour runs from March 15th until November 15th of the current year.

There are 50 stops to make distributed inside the state, and you are considered a tour finisher if you complete at least 25 of them. Here's the interactive map of the stops!

Registration for 2021 closed on February 28th, opened to all bike brands.

I intend to make as many stops as possible, so far I made 3, the third completed today. I started with the easy ones, those located around Houston.

I will update the thread as I find it will incentivize me to do as many as I can. There are 50 stops total, and some events which allow you to meet other participants. there are 1250 participants to the 2021 tour; many of them from other states, not necessarily border either.

I am flag 1001 which is a number that fits perfectly as it can be read in both directions. The bikes' brands are not shown, so I do not know how many Moto Guzzi there are, out of them, if there are any V11. Another reason for this thread, if any reading it are doing the tour this year.

Anyway, here's my three stops so far. I will adding them as I go, to see if I can get as far as possible.

This is my 1st stop: Brenham.

2011-11 Brenham Fire Museum reflects

This is the second stop: Navasota

2021-27 Classic Rock Coffee Co. & Kitchen Navasota

This is my third stop: Anchor blown 1 mile away Texas City. I rode it in the full of typical Texas weather, around 100 degF feel, and I am able to confirm the V11 does not like it hot!!!

2021-03 Anchor blown 1 mile Texas City

Edited by p6x
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Fort Stockton. Oh, the memories.

The bathrooms in the Shell station are so bad I just use the dumpster out back. The receptionist at the LaQuinta was the sweetest girl you could imagine. She had two nice shiners. I keep my hand on my pistol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fourth stop, Stop #46: world largest Dime in a box, Dime Box, Texas.

In the suffocating heat, a quick back and forth to a little village named Dime Box, where you can find the world's largest Dime... or so it says.

The town feels really lonely... thank god, they had Moto Guzzi feed!

It was 1:12 when I reached it. The last part of the road from Burton was a lot of fun.

20210723 Stop 46 Dime Box Texas 2Largest Dime of the worldGuzzi in front of Dime Box General StoreM-G Feed Dime Box StoreDime Box M-G FeedDime Box deserted 2Dime Box deserted 1

• Like 3

In case you would be tempted, The San Jacinto Museeum is a good destination for a V11.

There is a lot of historical facts which have to do with Texas. It is always nice to learn about our past, isn't it? I decided that it was 95F with a 108F real feel, and the Guzzi had rested long enough since the Dime Box trip.

This was a quick run, but nice nonetheless....

20210729 Stop 43 San Jacinto Monument

Guzzi at the San Jacinto Monument

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the MGNOC Texas rep did every Texas County Court House in a year's time oh her Guzzi 750 small block.  

I'll give you that the Texas court houses could make a coffee table photo book. 

• Haha 1

Wow that brings back memories.  Lived just across north side of San Jacinto river from the monument first 22 years of my life and now have same Lemans as yours but not near as primo condition.  As kids we had a mix of scooters and bikes from cushmans to cushman 3 wheel trucksters to hondas, bridgestones, suzukis and so on. We all rode together many times on the Lynchburg ferry from Highlands, TX across the river and to the monument and museum.  If the parents knew we would all have been in big trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1