What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

I posted a little about Jack for you bass guys Chuck (and Docc).....don't know if you agree with my point about Jack playing it like a guitar?

So far as STFU, lately it's the twenty-something gals that yell each other non stop why the band is playing at volume louder than the PA.  Like I said to the guy next to me at the Dead show that was pissed about it, I said "well at least the sound system is so much better than 40 years ago".  

Regarding Jorma and Jack playing with TTB, I really wanted to hear an Airplane tune with Susan singing Grace's part, like "White Rabbit" or "Somebody to Love".   But it was good seeing them do that James Brown thing.

Right now I've run out of shows to see.  Any good bands coming through that I might see?  My future travels are the eclipse in KC and the Mile at Springfield Ill.  No music.

RIP

Glen Campbell

The Wichita Lineman

A fine musician and one of the last of the real deal.

Glen was part of the "Wrecking Crew", LA session guys,  He was considered one of the greatest guitar players ever.  He didn't read music, a brief run through and he was amazing.

I found this for Chuck (Back Home In......)

The Wheels of Soul.

This is from the 2nd show.  I saw them play "I love you, Yes, I do" the day before.  But his will give you a good feel.

This is Tedeschi Trucks Band + Hot Tuna (aka, Jack Casady & Jorma Kaukonen, aka,  bass & guitar for Jefferson Airplane) at Red Rocks.  I took no photos.  The folks I attended the show couldn't navigate the steps to get closer to the stage, so I got a great view of the amphitheater and Denver but not so much of the band.  First time I'd ever seen Jack & Jorma.  Jack plays his bass ('60s style) in the upper ranges and makes the theater buzz with his bass, no subwoofer needed. 

Is there a better band on the planet than TTB?  Clearly there isn't.  Red Rocks was packed.

Besides Hot Tuna, the local band Wood Bros played.  They're a "roots" group.  Both bands did a number with TTB -Wheels of Soul Tour. 

Don't miss TTB.

With the Sport back roadworthy, I finally got the chance to listen to these great vids. Thanks, LowRyter!! :thumbsup:

TTB has to be the best rockin' blues stage band since the hey-day of Lowell George's Little Feat and the Tower of Power Horns. :food:

I posted a little about Jack for you bass guys Chuck (and Docc).....don't know if you agree with my point about Jack playing it like a guitar?

It's so cool to watch Jack move from a guitar duet with Susan Tedeschi to a bass solo with the drummers! :notworthy: What a talent!

docc,  "waiting for columbus" is my all time fav live album.

I think we're on the same wavelength.  

it's been a good year for my music:

1) Tom Petty's opening concert for the tour 4-20 (OKC)

2) Roger Waters show from his rehearsal venue (Tulsa)

3) Dead & Co (Boulder) (got a copy of the concert)

4) TTB (Red Rocks)

5) don't forget KG & The Girls-  Chuck, FYI, they're, heading to the MEL next week

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Motorcycle, classic Porsche, and a singer who is easy on the eyes....whats not not to like.  The song is not so bad either.  

Got my tickets for the Dead & Co in Dallas 1 Dec.

I got into one of those advanced tickets sales deals with Ticketmaster and the "best tickets" were nosebleed.  Interesting marketing gimmick those guys have- sell the cheap seats first.  No worries, I do expect a sell out since the AA center probably doesn't hold more than 15k and there must've been 65k at Boulder