What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Installed an LED voltmeter to keep an eye on charging. I tapped into the headlight circuit.

Not the prettiest meter but it'll do for the moment, and it will be easily removable. Next time I have the tank off I need to cleanup my electrical work and make a nice harness.

h0L5God.jpg

Took off the pods and re-fitted the airbox, made a bracket for the regulator to mount over the air filter under the tank.

I think I might take the old girl to John Day.

• Like 1

Took off the pods and re-fitted the airbox, made a bracket for the regulator to mount over the air filter under the tank.

You relocated the voltage regulator? That seems like it would be quite an involved project. What's the problem with the current location - or the benefit of the new location?

I knew I was close to needing a new rear tire, but was antsy to install the shortened Ti-mufflers I bought from Scud. Hooked em up, went for a ride loved the sound, got em balanced. She's running great after a tune-up.

Just got the in-laws kicked out and had some time to go for a ride... How's that rear tire looking?... Wow, cords showing. Guess that rides not happening...

First time I think I've ever worn a tire that low before.

Oh well, new tires are awesome!

• Like 1

Scud,

The bike has an after market Electrosport ESR-510 regulator with short battery leads, I chose to extend the yellow alternator leads instead since some Voltage drop in those is ok.

I;m probably paranoid about Voltage drop between the regulator and battery but Electrosport refused to divulge what type of regulator it is, series or shunt.
I had it mounted where the air box belonged, now it's just above the filter (on top on the box).

I may chose to put it back where it belongs if I ever put the top back on the air-box until then it's filling up some wasted space.

BTW I came to realize that the bike is fitted with nice bell mouth velocity stacks, just that they are hidden inside the air-box.

Installed Motobits cylinder guards.

Beefier and larger than the stock, they should provide much better protection that the stock ones in the heartbreaking and embarrassing event I drop the Sport.

Figured out how to keep my bar ends from spinning with my CRGs!

3 inches of electrical tape inside on that metal bit. Worked like a charm.

Picking up my misbehaving Tenni from Spare Parts (Philly) today and I'm riding it home. That's what I'm gonna do to my V11 today.

Tidied up under the seat, added the light to the petcock fuse I keep telling others to add.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Tidied up under the seat, added the light to the petcock fuse I keep telling others to add.

Sent from my shoe phone!

A proper Kiwi_Roy Go_Winkie! :thumbsup:

I had one occasion where the Sport hesitated to start. Noticed the Go_Winkie was dark, cycled the Run Switch, Go_Winkie on and varoooom!

Docc,

It's when the lamp is only half on and winking at you, then you will appreciate it's worth as a troubleshooting aid.

• Like 1