2002 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Revival

Cdogger

Does the oil light come on at all? The oil light is just a micro switch activated by pressure. When you shut your bike down there might be pressure in the circuit yet. They are kind of flukey though and it might just be shot, but they're cheap too.

She sounds good to me.

I have 4 Guzzis, not one oil switch that works, I replaced the one on my VII, it lasted about a month so now I rely on a pressure gauge 0 - 100 psi.

The bike goes up to about 70 when cold but will drop to 15 when idling hot.

I think the switches may be effected by the weather, I'm told they last longer if you fit a rubber boot.

• 2 weeks later...

My uncle came by to test ride it. I heard him gun it as soon as he got around the corner and when he came back he had a big smile on his face. My aunt said she didn't think it would run again and my uncle said he forgot how much easier it is to drive than his 1994 Ducati 900. I can't wait until spring when I have my license and I can drive it!

• Like 1

Glad you got her up and running.But...

First bike?... 1100cc's? Oh boy.

Haha yeah. It's alright though. I've ridden motor scooters and mopeds for a long time if that helps

Well, it *does* help. Dirt bikes ridden in anger would be better. :grin::oldgit:

• Like 1

Dirt bikes ridden in anger would be better. :grin::oldgit:

YES!!!!  And don't let the snow stop you till it is literally impassible.

IMG_4926.jpg

• Like 1

No unfortunately. I didn't have a helmet and he insisted I have one. He said I have to take a basic rider class before I ride it as either a passenger or driver.

Scud, that's a beautiful area in the picture. Where is that?

Cdogger I do not mean to sound mean but by all means I would highly suggest getting some good motorcycle time such as mentioned a dirt bike before you consider throwing a leg over the Guzzi. Can you learn on the Guzzi sure it can be done but by gosh it could be very bad.

A dirt bike will teach you many things such as body English to name just one small part of riding. As the Guzzi may not be a very high powered Motorcycle in terms of what is available today but it is still no moped. They are large and relatively heavy motorcycles with enough HP to get you into real trouble very fast. 

Others such as myself have said just this as to be even more honest we do not wish you to get hurt or even worse or to maybe destroy such a fine bike.

• Like 1