Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

I'm looking forward to YOUR trip. I hope you're being a little playful in your comment about tucking behind a local bike to lane-split. Lane-splitting is an "acquired taste" and takes a little while to get accustomed to. I don't intend to make this a lane-splitting thread (because there are a few on Wild Guzzi that might be worth reading). But for your safety, try lane splitting between stopped cars at first. Getting to the front of every signal is a HUGE time saver. On the freeway, go between the carpool lane and the next lane - that's where you'll find all the experienced motorcycle commuters. Some of them will be hauling ass between the lanes. Please don't try to keep up with them - and watch your mirrors so you can move into a lane and let them pass. You should probably not split lanes faster than 20 MPH while you're "learning."

It's all freeways where I'm going. So I'd only try it if it was stopped and no hope of moving.

If I was really stupid I'd head up into the City and visit Munroe Motors. I went there once about 25 yrs ago.

I also thought about visiting Rabers.

But then I'd rather get over to Oakland during the daylight. I'll be staying in the good part of Oakland. I've stayed in the bad part before. Only one murder on the block the night we were there...

Maybe I should be fretting more about the relays than the traffic?  :bbblll:  :ninja:

Maybe I should be fretting more about the relays than the traffic?  :bbblll:  :ninja:

You should only be worried about how much you're not going to want to ride your other bikes once you start riding your swooshy Green V11.

I am really not looking forward to the traffic down there. The good news is that motorcycles can use the carpool lanes. The bad news is that the car pool lanes don't help. I have to go from Palo Alto to Oakland in the late afternoon. Ugh. I'm sure I'm making it out to be worse than it is.

I've never lane split like they do down there. I guess if the traffic is really bad I could try it. Just tuck behind one of the local bikes and hang on!

When traffic is bad, I lane split the carpool lane. I don't go as fast as some, though, so keep a watchful eye on my mirrors for bikes coming up behind me. Lane splitting is a wonderful thing..  :grin:

Maybe I should be fretting more about the relays than the traffic?   :bbblll:   :ninja:

When I picked up Darth Quota, he was still running the original junk Siemans relays at about 65000 miles. This relay thing might be a little over blown.  :oldgit:

Maybe I should be fretting more about the relays than the traffic?   :bbblll:   :ninja:

When I picked up Darth Quota, he was still running the original junk Siemans relays at about 65000 miles. This relay thing might be a little over blown.  :oldgit:

Jesus, man. docc might hear you!  :huh:

If I had not seen so many relay failures on V11, I would be inclined to agree wholeheartedly.

So, not only is there sketchy empirical evidence, but also lots of marginal science.

If I had not seen so many relay failures on V11, I would be inclined to agree wholeheartedly.

So, not only is there sketchy empirical evidence, but also lots of marginal science.

Marginal Science? I think I saw them once. I think they opened for Crowded House.

Relays will be packed and hopefully not needed. I still need to thin out my tool pack, I"m going 600 miles, not 6000!

Forecast is looking favorable. If I stay in Ashland Friday night I can cut over to the coast (from Sutherlin into Reedsport, if you're following along on a map). There's a huge elk preserve just outside of Reedsport. Then up the coast on Saturday. We'll see.

Marginal Science? I think I saw them once. I think they opened for Crowded House.

Relays will be packed and hopefully not needed. I still need to thin out my tool pack, I"m going 600 miles, not 6000!

Forecast is looking favorable. If I stay in Ashland Friday night I can cut over to the coast (from Sutherlin into Reedsport, if you're following along on a map). There's a huge elk preserve just outside of Reedsport. Then up the coast on Saturday. We'll see.

You must be in a hurry.  :) The 5 sucks.  :rasta:

You must be in a hurry.  :) The 5 sucks.  :rasta:

It depends on how the better half is doing with the kids. She'll be 1 on 2 which isn't a fair fight.  B)

Let the packing gymnastics begin!

All the clothes and tools are in the bag, next is the cameras and sundries. But I have two big pockets assigned for that stuff.

Plus I haven't even tapped the pockets on my riding jacket.

I'm probably taking too much but since I'm riding solo I want to be as prepared as I can. When you have a riding buddy you can split the load.

I updated my Geico policy and when I put in the VIN it came back with:

2001 MOTO GUZZI V11 SPORT ROSSO

So is the bike suppose to be green or red?  :mg:

It's green with a red frame.  :whistle:

But seriously, I think they just haven't differentiated between the V11 Sport and the special edition Rosso Mandello.

...and if you think you're packing too much, you probably are.  :oldgit: